D Value Area differences ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D Value Area differences ?

I noticed a difference in the POC D value and the original Calculate value area . Just wondering if the author had any comments on this ? Both lines on the chart are the POC . Start and time length are the same .
    Attached Files

I added 3 rules to the POC calc. that might be the difference. Look for these comments, and at the code that follows them...

//now lowest (or only) sessMaxHits/POC is known.
    //determine in others match, and pick best choice.
    //
    //Rules to use are:
    // 1. If there is more than 1 price with the same 'most' TPO's then the price closest to the mid-point of the range (high - low) is used.
    // 2. If the 2 'most' TPO prices are equi-distance from the mid-point then the price on the side of the mid-point with the most TPO's is used.
    // 3. If there are equal number of TPO's on each side then the lower price is used.
    //

The only other thing that could make some difference is the number of slots setting (default=100). Higher numbers make for higher divisions (resolutions), upto a max of 500. Origonal code was was hard coded at 1000 ticks.

These could be more noticable with fewer bars in the calc., since each bar's ticks are concidered on an "equal" level. Your example would have a lot of "equal" ticks.

Dean.

Comment

Thanks for posting back . It must be the rules changes ,changing the slots
      doesn't seem to change it . Nice to have a drop down to change from TPO to
      VWTPO or VOC . thx

Comment

Thanks for this indicator. I noticed that the NT8 version only has the rtpoc and the NT7 version had that for the value are high/low as well. Is it possible to add the rtval and rtvah to the indicator as a selection like the rtpoc is in the NT8 version. Again, thanks for this indicator.

Comment

Hello -

Firstly, may I thank you for this most excellent indicator. It is an invaluable guide to where most of the previous session was spent.
          However, I get quite different results when I use a chart with Range bars and the same chart made with minute bars...
          Which is the correct one?

Mike

Comment

Hello brwdbill,

There is a 'Show Real-time POC' checkbox in NT8, do you have this checked and enabled?

With this enabled, the NT7 version and NT8 version appear the same. May I have you highlight the differences?

Are you seeing the RtPOC plot has a different value than the NT7 version?

What plot or input name are you referring to by high/low?

Regarding changes and additions, please direct these requests to the original author DeanV.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 12-01-2021, 09:23 AM.
            Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mike,

Different bar types would have different data and different amount of bars and would cause different results with most indicators.

Please let me know if you are seeing differences between NT7 and NT8 with the same data set selected.
              Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for this excellent signal. This serves as a helpful reminder of how the prior session was spent.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke  
                Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred