Slope of Tangent along SMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slope of Tangent along SMA

I would like to create an strategy/indicator and have ideas however I'm having a hard time getting started, maybe someone can help. As I watch a moving average (SMA) of various periods it has occurred to me, if I could create a tangent line at any point along the moving average and have the slope of that tangent line, maybe the value of the slope could help in deciding an entry or exit. As the slope becomes positive this could indicate a buy signal and on the reverse a negative slope could indicate a sell signal. As you can image there would be many inputs such as the trigger points as to when to enter or exit a trade or the period of the moving average, and maybe others. I feel confident in writing Ninja code however getting the tangent along a curve is where I'm puzzled. I'm not familiar with all the available indicators so maybe there is on that does this already. Any help and comments would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks - David

Hi David, welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums. Have you tried using Slope() to realize your idea? http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...eV6/Slope.html

You can also take a look at those indicators found in our sharing section - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...h=slope&desc=1
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Kimberly  
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes