Help with Sine Wave as S/R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Sine Wave as S/R

I was hoping a coder could make this,to auto place the S/R lines on chart with a variable to draw lines back (X) days/ Hours It works great for S/R

I stumbled across this on an E-Mini site (written for tradestation),and incorporated it into my fx trading.I look at a higher time frame than I'm trading and place horizontal lines on the chart at the sine wave crosses. a cross below 0 place a green line at the bottom of the next bar, cross above 0 place a red line at the top of the next bar.
    Thanks
    Attached Files

Hi bear296,

As a last resort you can also try contacting one of the 3rd party NinjaScript Consultants here: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/pa...injaScript.htm
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I will try a little

Bear,

I will try a little on this even though I have a very hard time doing any coding for Ninja. I have the TS coding for this indicator including some additional thingies I put in. Now I have your basic Sine Wave in there I'll see if I can add in the S/R lines and the text. The SR Lines are the main things of course.

There are so many neat indicators in the File sharing area but for some reason when you ask for help with something they like to refer you to third party developers! This is without question one of the best indicators there is. Usually I like to have only the sinewave and the Better Volume (by same developer) and that's it, although thanks to Josh in this thread I have discovered the Ichimuru(?) indicator which looks extremely interesting, the first indicator I have seen in many years that looks interesting actually. So simple yet very intelligent.

But the way this sine-wave indicator shows both trending and cyclic periods in such a simple fashion is terrific.

I had the code in Tradestation to judge whether the switch bar had bullish or bearish internal volume to confirm but I am sure I will never be able to figure that out in Ninja since I don't know the lingo and there is no dictionary, so to speak. But with any luck I'll be able to figure out how to plot the SR lines after a simple cross up and cross down.

Keep your fingers crossed!

And thanks for the basic sine wave.

Comment

Hi cclsys, you can post the TS code you have so our community can take a look and offer insight.

For a good start in NinjaScript you could check out those - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

For a 'dictionary' you can review our NinjaScript Language reference in the Help guide under the 'NinjaScript' header.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
          Hi cclsys, you can post the TS code you have so our community can take a look and offer insight.

For a good start in NinjaScript you could check out those - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

For a 'dictionary' you can review our NinjaScript Language reference in the Help guide under the 'NinjaScript' header.
          Thanks, B. I have looked many times in there but cannot find a list of commonly used terms in any of the sub-menus. There is one that is a link to C+ site but I am not proficient enough with the lingo to use that so all I can do now is find something in the samples or something I have downloaded that is similar and then try to make changes. Sometimes it works, usually it doesn't!

I like the Sine Wave indicator from Barry Taylor very much so it was the only one I was interested in getting onto Ninja but now I've looked at the code from below I very much doubt I will be able to figure out how to insert the logic to determine Support and Resistance using the sine waves and then tell it to plot. But I will try at some point for the sake of learning. My big problem with the coding thus far is
          a) not knowing what words to use and how to phrase them (hence I copy from others' codes) and
          b) not being able to fix errors in compiling and having to give up after too much time has been spent getting nowhere.

But, hey! I'm using Ninja mainly as a trading platform so that's the way it is.

Comment

a. Use the index page of the Help Guide. It lists out all the methods and properties available.

Comment

Thanks, Josh. That helps a little.

By the way: I was downloading some indicators yesterdy from the File Sharing section (in order to learn a little more about coding having spent over an hour (!) trying to get an inside bar to plot on the chart!!!!) and I stumbled across the Ichimuru Revised.

As a rule I tend to avoid indicators, but this one seems really nifty, so thanks for putting it up there. Highly intelligent approach, very original thinking even though underneath it is very simple too (always a good sign).

If you get inspired to do the same for the sine wave, you've got my vote! It too is very intelligent, albeit even more simple but a single oscillator that shows cyclical versus trend and also end of trend with just two lines is a very nifty little tool and also requires no changing of parameters from time-frame to tick charts etc. etc.

I can also explain - in English - what bear 296 is looking to do.

Comment

cclsys,

That indicator was not made by me. I just helped migrate shared files over to that section.

Comment

Hi,
                  I am new to the forum.
                  Just want to add my voice to support this indicator. It's a great indicator that I have been using in my trading. I like CCLSYS also use mainly NT so I would LOVE to see this indicator available for NT!
                  Thanks in advance to coding gurus!

Comment

I think the Ehlers Sine Wave indicator is already in the indicator file sharing section:

Chris

Comment

Hi Operandi,
                      Thanks for pointing that out. Yes it's the similar Hilbert sine wave, but the one in file sharing section does not have SR (Support Resistance) lines. It will be very helpful to have the SR lines plotted automatic.

Comment

hilbert sine wave seams to be better

a side by side comparison betten the original tradestation indicator and the ninjatrader version proofes the point:

the ehlert indicator is lagging (about 5 minutes)

on fast moving markets this disadvantage can be very expensive...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Just add SR dots on reverslas? I did this, see the attached file, but I would be happy to get some explanation on what exactly is this...
                          Attached Files

Comment

tradereight, you were right. I am afraid this could become costly. I wonder if anybody can fix this.
                            Yuva, thanks for putting your effort on this indicator, I tried and find it useful. I really appreciate your contribution.
                            One question though, is there anyway you can reduce the size of the dot or put a setting for dot-size? It's a bit big and I couldn't see my chart clearly.

I get email reply from emini-watch.com about their indicators (including better sine wave SR) for NT version. Barry said he will make all or most of his indicator available for Ninja Trader by the end of first half of 2009 so it should be around june. And other version follow after that.

Comment

Thanks for sharing yuvalw, there are several versions floating around using different smoothing parameters, so this will most likely be the difference you see when compaing the TS and NT implementations.
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes