VerticalScrolling 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VerticalScrolling 2

Well I did get VerticalScale2 zip file to work. Pretty nifty, but when I switch between different time charts the scale is all wrong. From 1-5 minutes it looks ok, but then I go to 10, 20, 30...it gets worse. I notice that when I set the scale to 4 with short time frames (1,2,3,5 minutes) it looks ok. When looking at longer time frames (10, 15, 30 minute charts) I have to change the scale to 25.

The problem is that changing the scale has to be done manually by accessing the indicator properties, mousing over the right indicator, clicking, typing etc...you get the idea.

Alternately I can change the scale of the chart by dragging the right side of the chart but this make only small incremental adjustments for some reason (when the scale is set low, like to <5) OR if the scale of the indicator is set to say >20, then clicking and dragging the right part of the chart to scale the chart goes fast, but it stops scaling at a certain point! The end result is that I have very narrow chart with plenty of space above and below it. The window for the chart is huge. The chart only ends up taking 20-30% of the height.

So I am trying to find a way to do this automatically with default values or user-defined values or with keyboard shortcuts. The relationship between the time frame and the indicator scale I would somehow like to setup would go something like this:

1 minute chart, the indicator's scale would = 4
    2 minute chart, the indicator's scale would = 6
    10 minute chart, indicator's the scale would = 20
    15 minute chart, indicator's the scale would = 25

I barely know C++ but will give it a shot. I see

"private double _scale = 20"

which is the default. Not sure how the script can check what time frame the chart is being viewed at so that "_scale" can be changed. Maybe a keyboard shortcut could be crafted to change the indicator scale's values.

Also note that I am not using any other indicators with this chart (the author warned about problems with SMAs in his posts)

I've contacted the author of the script, but I dunno if he is still around. If anybody has any ideas, I would very much appreciate it. Also, I know it's supposed to be on the next release of NT (it is right?) but would just like to reiterate the need for vertical scrolling!
    Last edited by trader_rick1234; 01-31-2009, 11:33 AM.

Hello,

This is a custom indicator, which we do not provide support for. Maybe a fellow trader will assist you.
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:00 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Waxavi
    by Waxavi

Started by elirion, Today, 01:36 AM
    0 responses