Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CCI Forecaster 3.0

Hello NT,

I trying to plot CCI Forecaster 3.0 indicator on my 1597 tick or 4 Range chart and it just does not plot for some reason I'm also using Ninja Trader version 6.5 1000.8.

I just wondering if I'm doing some thing wrong? See the attachment all I get is a couple of dots thats it.

Thanks,

Chon Wayne
    Attached Files
    Last edited by chonwayne; 03-10-2009, 09:54 AM.

Hi chonwayne,

You may want to bring this to the original author's attention. I believe there was a big thread on CCI forecaster. They should be able to help you there.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Josh I'll do that

Thanks,

ChonWayne

Comment

Originally posted by chonwayne View Post
        Hello NT,

I trying to plot CCI Forecaster 3.0 indicator on my 1597 tick or 4 Range chart and it just does not plot for some reason I'm also using Ninja Trader version 6.5 1000.8.

I just wondering if I'm doing some thing wrong? See the attachment all I get is a couple of dots thats it.

Thanks,

Chon Wayne
        Chon Wayne, have you tried Snaphook's CCI_Forecaster_DE? I believe this is the link: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...id=177&catid=1
        If not, it is in the Indicator section of NinjaScript File Sharing.

Comment

Thanks Javiar,

I'll check it out.

Thanks,

ChonWayne

Comment

CCI Forcaster

Hi traders, can anybody help me with a hint where to look for an explanation of the CCI Forcaster please
            Thanks Wolf

Comment

Originally posted by wolfsch View Post
              Hi traders, can anybody help me with a hint where to look for an explanation of the CCI Forcaster please
              Thanks Wolf
              this is a guess... your background color and the indicator colors are the same

Comment

CCI forcaster

Hi Tolouse Lautrec
                thanks very much , it helped and I see more of the indicator now, GREAT. But I still do not have any explanation of the different "annauncements in the panel f.e. Gt, Zb, Ge, Fe etc. I would appreciate any hint wher to find something about it.
                Thanks Wolf

Comment

Hi Tolouse Lautrec
                  thanks very much , it helped and I see more of the indicator now, GREAT. But I still do not have any explanation of the different "annauncements in the panel f.e. Gt, Zb, Ge, Fe etc. I would appreciate any hint wher to find something about it.
                  Thanks Wolf
                  wolfsch
                  Those letters refer to the names of different patterns as they are triggered. For more info go to http://woodiescciclub.com/index.html and download the manual.
                  The letters t,b and e refer to where the pattern will trigger at bar close so if you choose you can place your order in advance. I hope you use Range bars.
                  t=top
                  b=bottom
                  e =either close will trigger the pattern.
                  Last edited by Javier; 11-15-2009, 07:34 PM.

Comment

CCI forcaster

Thanks Javier,
                    I found the woodies info. But I have another problem:
                    the panel does nor always show a readable info and goes "underwater" which means that the autoscale within the panel does not fit. Are there any special settings to do?
                    Thanks Wolf

Comment

wolfsch do you have the 'WoodiesCCIPanel' downloaded from this Forum (dark green background) or the one that comes with Indicators in NT? I use the one from this forum not the one from NT. I have absolutely all indicators Auto Scale turned to False to avoid what I think you mean by "underwater" and I never have a problem. Also if you compress the panel enough the information will overlap. the solution is to widen the panel and finally, turn off all information on the panel you won't use and turn then on one at the time to see the effect on the panel. You can also change the info ocation (position) on the panel from Indicator window.

Comment

Cci

Originally posted by Javier View Post
                        wolfsch
                        Those letters refer to the names of different patterns as they are triggered. For more info go to http://woodiescciclub.com/index.html and download the manual.
                        The letters t,b and e refer to where the pattern will trigger at bar close so if you choose you can place your order in advance. I hope you use Range bars.
                        t=top
                        b=bottom
                        e =either close will trigger the pattern.
                        Hi Xavier , I downloaded the woodies manual, but for the latters I could not find anything, sorry
                        Wolf

Comment

Hi Xavier , I downloaded the woodies manual, but for the latters I could not find anything, sorry
                          Wolf
                          The names of the patterns which you must learn by heart how they trigger are
                          Z=ZLR
                          F=Famir
                          G=Ghost
                          Gb = Gb100
                          T=Tony Trade
                          V=Vegas trade

Learn one Pattern at the time. It takes less time and it's easier.

Comment

Cci

Thanks Yavier , very helpful.
                            But witout annoying you: what is your experience with the results of these setups? Do they have a high percentage win/loss ratio?
                            Thanks again Wolf

Comment

Thanks Yavier , very helpful.
                              But witout annoying you: what is your experience with the results of these setups? Do they have a high percentage win/loss ratio?
                              Thanks again Wolf
                              wolfsch, my name is Javier. Neither Yavier nor Xavier.

My experience means squat to you. The only thing that counts is what you learn with your own work and stats taking. You need screen time by the bushels and that means practising in sim or paper trade mode without risking your money until you have enough stats to prove to yourself that your own method works...or doesn't. Change it if you must. Join Woodies CCI club and listen in their room and learn if you want to use his system. That is the best advise I can give you. A newcomer to the business, and I presume you are, my apologies if I am mistaken, generally needs a few months of hard work before he is ready to risk his hard earned money. Psychology of trading is 90% of the method (some would argue for a higher number) and every trader must develop his or her own according to his/her psychological make up. For some that may take years. Good luck.

Javier

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post rocketman7  
                              Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes