Measure probability of over extentions to forecast pullbacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Measure probability of over extentions to forecast pullbacks

This will work on anything but it is up to you to find empirical data to find the mean and standard deviation. It will measure area under the normal distribution curve and give you probabilities of further movement.

Negative values under the curve are not included in calculations nor should they be since we are looking at movements of over extensions from positive territory only.

it will calculate probabilities in two ways, odds of continuation from positive movements in general, and odd of continuations from the mean.

If the stock/index/etf is not in positive territory, it simply returns the mean price, area from the mean and the Z-score.

If it is in positive territory but under the mean, calculations are displayed from positive territory on ward only.

If it is in positive territory and above the mean, it will display calculations based on positive movements and also display calculations from the mean on up.

I have no clue how to code as an "Indicator" so its coded as a strategy.

I get a lot of inquiries as to how my quaint system works, this isn't how it works But this is an idea that came to mind. As a result of seeing the financials get so over extended on 4/21, that i decided to short o/n and arb a quick 8% bc the math on what happened was nuts.

make sure the Math.helper file is in the folder that holds the studies in order for the NORMDIST() to work

Similar to this is this post on monitoring day range and calculating Dthe probability of continuation.

edit: 4/26, i cleaned up some labels and straightened out a potential issue with displaying text properly. The attached zip file is the most up to date version.

Attached Files
    Last edited by tortexal; 06-07-2009, 07:48 PM.

Hi tortexal,

I am interesting in this indicator but unfortunately I couldn't download the file directly to NT. I got the message: NT could not decompress...The filename ... volume label syntax is incorrect. Do I have to unzip it and copy the cs files manually? Thanks

astra

Comment

thats strange, but yes that will work

Comment

Just FYI in order to check if I had a problem, in the meantime I've downloaded another file from the sharing section and was Ok. The same message I receive for your other file ADR.zip as well.

Anyway, do I have to place both files under strategy or indicator? Thx

Comment

try the link again, i probably didnt export it properly

Comment

Thanks. It downloaded ok but I see is a .dll file. Now, how am I using it?

Comment

lol try the link again

Comment

This time is fine! I'll check it tomorrow. Thanks tortexal. Goodnight.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post usazencort  
                Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                5 responses
                0 likes