Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to delete standard NT indicators

Hi all.

There a lot of rubbish in the indicator's list, so i need to delete 90% of standard NT indicators. How to do that?

I'm trying to delete it from the Custom/Indicator folder, but NT doesn't want to work after it.

But i should delete them because it makes a lot of problems for me everytime i'm starting a new indicator from its list.

Hello alexmaster,

Unfortunately it is not possible to delete any default indicators.

What issues do you experience when you apply an indicator to a chart?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have pack of problems scrolling the indicator's list every time i want to apply an indicator to chart. I'm so tired to do this so many times because i need to open a lot of charts every day and apply a lot of my own indicators to it.

Comment

I really must delete standart indicator or make the hidden as in another platforms, because i cann't work in such way - its just like You live in a stone world and should do very big things to get very little results.

Comment

Hello alexmaster,

You can also save a chart template that will save the applied indicators in the chart. Please see the link below for more information and instructions.

Unfortunately it is not possible to delete default indicators from the indicator list in the Indicator menu.

Comment

On top of that you can also save your Workspaces so you don't have to redo it every day also. When you close NT, please say Yes to saving your workspace.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Maybe it's possible to rename them like "z001, z002, z003, ..." so my indicators were first in the list? It is very difficult to work with NT with a huge base of bad scripts...

Or maybe i should rename my indics like "_firstindicator, _second, ..."?

Or maybe You have some another methods to group them?

Or maybe i could change something in the NT files to delete all unneeded indicators?

Please help..

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
                On top of that you can also save your Workspaces so you don't have to redo it every day also. When you close NT, please say Yes to saving your workspace.
                Doesn't help, it doesn't want to save indicator's options.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
                You can also save a chart template that will save the applied indicators in the chart. Please see the link below for more information and instructions.
                http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...ndicators.html
                So do templates.

Comment

Not sure I follow. If you have custom parameters like colors and things like that in your scripts please ensure you serialized them. Please see this tip for an example: http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4977
                  Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately it is not possible to delete or modify default indicators.

Chart templates should save your indictaor settings as well. I tested this on my end and I could not reproduce your issue on my end.

Please add an ADX indicator using a period of 33. Save the chart templaes and close the chart. Restart NinjaTrader and create a new chart. Load the chart template and check if the ADX uses a period of 33.

Comment

Originally posted by alexmaster View Post
                      Maybe it's possible to rename them like "z001, z002, z003, ..." so my indicators were first in the list? It is very difficult to work with NT with a huge base of bad scripts...

Or maybe i should rename my indics like "_firstindicator, _second, ..."?

Or maybe You have some another methods to group them?

Or maybe i could change something in the NT files to delete all unneeded indicators?

Please help..
                      You have an option to rename yours in such way that they would appear in front of the list

Comment

It seems to me that it is not enough to rename its file names. It doesn't work.

Please add an ADX indicator using a period of 33. Save the chart templaes and close the chart. Restart NinjaTrader and create a new chart. Load the chart template and check if the ADX uses a period of 33.
                        Doesn't work for some indicators, and i'm not a programmist to work on its modification.

Besides i don't want to use templates for it, it cosy to delete unneeded indicators, i'm only thinkig how to do it, and where to configure NT to let me delete them..

Comment

Hello alexmaster,

Can you please tell me what indicators experience the issue; saved modifications are not saved when saving a chart template.

I am not sure if I follow your last sentence, could you please clarify.

Comment

In the last sentence i said that want to delete them and i'm trying to find a way to do this.

Besides i want to say that i don't want to use templates for it. Not comfortable for me.

So will You add a possibility to NT to delete unneeded indicators? Some of them is a simple trash, why don't You want to help to utilizate it?

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. We'll add it to the list of future considerations.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post aligator  
                              Started by michi08, 10-05-2018, 09:31 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB