Add Custom Indicator to D3SpotterV1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
    This sounds like an issue with proper color serialization to allow saving the settings - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=4977

Thank you very much Bertrand it was missing the
    [XmlIgnore()]

should every parameter have that line ???

Comment

Yes, for proper saving in chart templates this would be recommended.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi David,

I wanted to thak you for th D3 spotter indicator. I wanted to know a little bit about the indicator and how to use it.

What the arrows and the yellow dots mean?
        What to do when the arrow or the yellow dots on the price chart pop up?
        What the parameters mean?

Sometimes I see the yellow dots or the arrows pop up, but the price still moves against the direction of the arrow or the yellow dot.

Why are the yellow dots on the price chart sometimes far away from the bar, and sometimes right at the edge of the bar. What does it mean.

Thank you for your help and any insight.

Comment

Anyone was able to use this indicator with V7 as I tried but it failed to import it.

So if anyone found what is the problem would you be kind enough to explain what I need to change or post the modified versions.

Thanks

Comment

I dont use this indicator, but I didn't know that indicators would stop working in version 7! Can I just stay on the old version?

Comment

Originally posted by subterfuge View Post
              I dont use this indicator, but I didn't know that indicators would stop working in version 7! Can I just stay on the old version?
              I managed to get it working but first you need to import it from 6.5 then copy it in indicator folder of V7 in the .cs format and then compile it.

Of course you can stay with 6.5 as it will take sometime before V7 is out of beta stage.

Comment

D3SpotterV2

Hi everyone, here is the latest version, a few more indicators. I've gotten some very good comments from many and I thank you very much for the kind words. If you know of a way to make it better please e-mail me at [email protected], I appreciate any and all comments (good or bad) . I know it's not perfect with your help we all can make it better!

Happy Trading...and Merry Christmas!
                Last edited by dadof3and3; 12-20-2009, 10:25 PM.

Comment

D3Spotter Documentation

Sorry, the size of the documentation is greater than what I can post....

Send me an e-mail to [email protected] and I'll be happy to send it.

Comment

Originally posted by astra View Post
                    Guys,
                    I am experimenting with the code and I noticed that the CCI method: InitCCI() is placed before the Initialize and not together with the other methods in the Initialize section. Is there a reason for that?
                    I can't comment on Why this programmer chose to order their code the way they did.

I can tell you that it makes absolutely no difference. Each Function / Method / Property definition is completely independant. You can cut /paste your methods into whatever order you like to make it easier for you to find & read your code.
                    Two common approaches are :-
                    1. Alphabetically (but usually all Properties & methods are grouped together)
                    2. By Functional Proximity. Ie: One Major Method, then all the smaller private helper functions iet calls. Then another Major Method & its functions.
                    The idea is to save you scrolling.

(Of course changing the order of the lines within each method may dramatically change the logic of the method. not a good idea)
                    Hope this helps

Comment

David,
                      Thanks. Old programming habits die hard ...but I have made progress since my original post. I appreciate the thorough explanation.

Comment

Hi dado,

I tried to import it. Hoever, it gave me an error. Do I have to remove the older version before the new one? If so, please let me know how can I remove th older version from Ninja?

Thank you,
                        -Keep

Originally posted by dadof3and3 View Post
                        Hi everyone, here is the latest version, a few more indicators. I've gotten some very good comments from many and I thank you very much for the kind words. If you know of a way to make it better please e-mail me at [email protected], I appreciate any and all comments (good or bad) . I know it's not perfect with your help we all can make it better!

Happy Trading...and Merry Christmas!

Comment

D3Spotter V2

Try removing any older version of the D3Spotter and it associated assembly, then try loading it again.

Comment

My problem is that I do not know how to remove the older version. Appreciate any help.

Thanks
                            -Keep

Originally posted by dadof3and3 View Post
                            Try removing any older version of the D3Spotter and it associated assembly, then try loading it again.

Comment

Keep, File > Utilties > Remove NinjaScript assembly.
                              BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

before I uninstall version 1, can you tell me whether this newer one gives audio alerts? otherwise ill just stick with the original one.
                                thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post XXtrader  
                                Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes