Add Custom Indicator to D3SpotterV1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

D3Spotter V32

Sorry for the problems , I exported the indicator from NT7 and that info is in the .xml file. I re-exported it from NT6.5...anyway here it is ... again...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dadof3and3; 03-31-2010, 09:53 AM. Reason: forgot to add attachment

Comment

Originally posted by dadof3and3 View Post
      Sorry for the problems , I exported the indicator from NT7 and that info is in the .xml file. I re-exported it from NT6.5...anyway here it is ... again...
      max-td, np appreciate your help thx.
      dadof3and3, you're apologizing too !
      many many thx it's working.
      Only where did the arrows go?
      They were there on V31
      Now I only have dots. (I kind of liked those arrows).

Again my gratitude..

Comment

Hi dadof3and3

Thank you for the upgrade to NT7

I downloaded your v32 and made it work in 6.5 also.

I have a question for you.

When i compare your old version for 6.5 and now v32 I get different results.

I use the Stochastic D divergence and now the new version gives more signals and seem to be looking back further than the 30 bars scanwith

Is there something wrong in the way i use it of what changes have been made.

Thank you in advance

Comment

V31 is a bit more advanced. So, yes it should find more instances of divergence.

Comment

DadOf3and3,
            I am in love with D3SpotterV2 . 3 is too lively for my strategies. Any chance I can use V2 with NT 7?
            Thanks for the time

Comment

Originally posted by ohowie View Post
              DadOf3and3,
              I am in love with D3SpotterV2 . 3 is too lively for my strategies. Any chance I can use V2 with NT 7?
              Thanks for the time
              yes you can however you just have to edit the code for the drawdot functions, it needs an additional parameter, insert a 'true' as the second parameter (without the quotes).

Comment

Thanks you were right, except the functions that needed the parameter was DrawLine not DrawDot. . . . Can you tell me why in NT7 the line does not draw nor the arrow appear nor does that part of the code ever get executed??? Thanks a mill

Comment

I stand corrected... the code around the DrawLine and DrawTriangle are working. just the drawline and drawtriangle are not working. Any idea DadOf3and3 ??? Thank you for the help!

Comment

Originally posted by ohowie View Post
                    I stand corrected... the code around the DrawLine and DrawTriangle are working. just the drawline and drawtriangle are not working. Any idea DadOf3and3 ??? Thank you for the help!
                    Look for the DrawTriangleUp() function and uncomment it (as well as the DrawTriangleDown()).

Comment

Ohowie, can you post the code for V2 to work with NT7 Please?
                      cheers.

Comment

D3SpotterV32

Originally posted by subterfuge View Post
                        Ohowie, can you post the code for V2 to work with NT7 Please?
                        cheers.
                        Take a look at this one... version 3.2
                        Attached Files

Comment

I went back to NT 6.5 for now. I got it to work fine in NT7, just did what you said. It won't print the lines or the triangles but you can place alert() code inside any condition you want. It just has trouble drawing. The latest version is too sensitive to diversion for me and I was happy with the NT 7 resolution but went back to NT 6.5 and DSpotter 2.3, when I have time I will focus on NT 7 again. I think it was more NT7 fault than DSpotter. Sorry. Hope this helps. I am also interested in a version of Dspotter that works in NT 7 just like it does in NT 6.5. I love D3Spotter23 over 3. GOOD LUCK! Keep Me posted k
                          Last edited by ohowie; 04-22-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Thanks for adding hidden divergence, its a big help as hidden divergence is harder to spot with the eyes, yet more useful for trend-following trading than regular divergence is.

If you're entertaining suggestions or requests, I'd like to request a setting to show only hidden divergence.

Thanks for offering such a nice gift to the community, and responding to everyone's requests. Its really nice of you.

Comment

as for feedback:

I liked the very first version because it was nice and plain with a nice big arrow, although the newer versions have more features and are probably better although i think they make the chart look a little cluttered because of the lines it draws to show the divergence.

I think it should look like the first versions, but have lots of features like the newer version do, and definitely an audio alert.

Comment

Dad of 3 of 3,

I am now getting my stratagies up on NT7. I am using ...DO . Can you tell me which parameters might reduce it's sensitivity?

Thank You!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                                47 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aligator  
                                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes