• If this is your first visit, you will have to register before you can post. To view messages, please scroll below and select the forum that you would like to visits. Questions? Be sure to check out the Forum FAQ.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Add Custom Indicator to D3SpotterV1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Add Custom Indicator to D3SpotterV1

    dear dadof3and3,

    nice work your D3Spotter, but can you make a interface to add custom indicators to your list. or it is possible to paste code without dll, then i can make own modification.

    best regads
    Last edited by whself beginner; 05-08-2009, 03:28 AM.

    #2
    The indicator looks great. Nice work.

    However, I thought it was 'against the rules' to post DLL's.

    2. You MAY ONLY post unprotected code where the source code is fully disclosed.


    4. You MAY NOT post protected files (DLLs) or any NinjaScript code that references external DLL's.
    Mike

    Comment


      #3
      you can reflectoring (to see dll). but you are right.

      Comment


        #4
        This is a good indicator. Thanks for sharing dadof3and3.

        I noticed that the cs file is placed under the Custom and not under the Indicator folder so doesn't appear in the Indicators list. Is there a meaning for that?

        Also, because of the dll involved if someone wishes to delete the indicator is impossible. I downloaded it in my work/testing machine where I keep the minimum of everything for efficiency and when I tried to delete it I couldn't. I deleted the dll and cs files manually (I know is not the proper way) and then I was not able to compile anything: D3Spotter.dll metafile is missing..... I had to put it back again to compile. Can you please tell us how to delete it if we wish so?

        Thanks again for sharing your work and sorry for being grumpy for such trivial things.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by astra View Post
          This is a good indicator. Thanks for sharing dadof3and3.

          I noticed that the cs file is placed under the Custom and not under the Indicator folder so doesn't appear in the Indicators list. Is there a meaning for that?

          Also, because of the dll involved if someone wishes to delete the indicator is impossible. I downloaded it in my work/testing machine where I keep the minimum of everything for efficiency and when I tried to delete it I couldn't. I deleted the dll and cs files manually (I know is not the proper way) and then I was not able to compile anything: D3Spotter.dll metafile is missing..... I had to put it back again to compile. Can you please tell us how to delete it if we wish so?

          Thanks again for sharing your work and sorry for being grumpy for such trivial things.
          You can delete it by going to File - Utilities - Remove NinjaScript Assembly

          Comment


            #6
            Thanks roonius but the warning window says that I will lose all indicators contained within this assembly. This indicator has a dozen or so references to other indicators. Am I going to lose them or is it safe? This is not clear to me.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by astra View Post
              Thanks roonius but the warning window says that I will lose all indicators contained within this assembly. This indicator has a dozen or so references to other indicators. Am I going to lose them or is it safe? This is not clear to me.
              no you won't lose anything else.

              Comment


                #8
                Sorry for the confusion...I'll request to have the indicator removed.

                Comment


                  #9
                  dadof3and3,

                  Will you consider posting the non-DLL version? It looks to be nice work and the community could use it.

                  Mike

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by dadof3and3 View Post
                    Sorry for the confusion...I'll request to have the indicator removed.
                    Most ppl would hide their code if they are going to sell their indicator and dont want it duplicated and spread around but you are giving it to the community to use anyways so why is the code hidden? Just wondering. Everyone likes to modify code to their own purpose.

                    By the way, looking at the chart picture it looks like a job well done!
                    Last edited by eDanny; 05-11-2009, 10:03 AM.
                    eDanny
                    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Non Dll Code

                      I too would like to add a number of different indicators to test with this code...Could you post the non DLL code...?

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I *think* every indicator is coded inside the indicator itself, rather than calling existing ones, so depending on the complexity of the indicators you wish to add, it could be a bit of a PITA.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Yes it could be but I dont think it matters if the code is not available....

                          Comment


                            #14
                            the code is available, the dll is unprotected.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by whself beginner View Post
                              the code is available, the dll is unprotected.
                              But what a mess trying to decompile it.
                              eDanny
                              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

                              Comment

                              Latest Posts

                              Collapse

                              Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by brentapp, Today, 08:35 AM
                              9 responses
                              37 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                              Started by afoschini, Today, 09:21 AM
                              1 response
                              6 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                              Started by Leope, Today, 09:37 AM
                              1 response
                              4 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_RyanS  
                              Started by svadukia, Today, 04:38 AM
                              1 response
                              5 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickH  
                              Started by dmackay41, Today, 12:50 AM
                              3 responses
                              23 views
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Kate  
                              Working...
                              X