BuySell Pressure/BuySell Volume

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BuySell Pressure/BuySell Volume

Hello everyone! I don't know if this is the right place for me to ask this question but I really have to know the difference between the two,
    Can anybody tell me about it? The following is just my understanding.

In my mind:

"Buy-sell pressure" measures how many people believe the market may go up vs how many believe it may go down by collecting real-time bid-size vs ask-size. Correct? Big bidding size shows high demand But it only tells me lots of people is trying to buy. It can not tell me if they finally buy it or not. ( please correct me if i am wrong because some others said buy-sell pressure coming from price movement) so , a high buying pressure doesn't guarantee a truly strong market ( for example, it can be a manipulated fake bidding size which can be canceled later), but a real strong market guarantee we have high buying pressure.

"Buy-sell volume" measures the actual up volume vs down volume. This is not bidding size but actual volume which already has a deal (measure volume which already buy or sell and this can not cheat). If I see more up-volume then I should believe the market is truly strong. A very high Buy volume(up volume) guarantee a truly strong market and vice versa.

(Besides, Ninja provides another indicator: VolumePressure, is this the same thing with buy-sell volume because looks like both measure buy-sell volume, I am not sure)

However, as I said, above is my understanding, not sure if they are correct, Please take a look at these 2 indicators, I will be very grateful if anyone can help to clarify these basic concepts.
    Last edited by newninja; 08-01-2009, 10:09 AM.

Both are essentially measuring the same thing: aggressive buyers vs aggressive sellers, but the display difference is the key, one is percentage based as ratio (pressure), the other give you the volume histogram. Idea behind this is to show the trades having a 'stronger' buying / selling motivataion, i.e enter the market 'now' even if one has to pay up to enter...
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you very much Bertrand!
      Have you watched the video at:
      http://s3.amazonaws.com/FDT/promo/310709/310709.html ?

Please take a look at the FDT buy-sell pressure indicator he used, does this indicator have the same function with ours? but it looks like FDT measures different things:

the buy-sell pressure with SIZE AT BID&ASK measures how many people believe the market will go up by collecting size of bid&ask, this indicator may not be very reliable.

The buy-sell pressure with TRADED VOLUME measures how many up-down volume is actually happened. this is very reliable.

I suspect our buy-sell pressure and buy-sell volume serve the same function.

Comment

No, the video was new to me, thanks for posting here.

Correct the placed size at bid / ask levels has to be taken with care, as of course the can get pulled anytime (if interested read up on the 'Flipper' stories on the Eurex).

In any case I've found that looking at the orderbook and bid / ask patterns without a broader 'setup' perspective in mind can be pretty frustrating and misleading...
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I dont really see how u canset that up on the Buy sell Pressure Indicator box they way the video displays it

Comment

laredo,

That indicator is not the standard NT indicator. It looks to be an actual 3rd party indicator and that is why you can't do it. You will need that 3rd party indicator to do what is shown in the video.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
            7 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post loganjarosz123  
            Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes