Martingale Bet Sizing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RookieKiwi View Post

Im really sorry for this i tried to make it work on my own but ill admit my skills arent very good when it comes to C# i wasnt able to figure out how to set it up correctly and where to call it, i made a simple Stochastics strategy for testing attached here, i tried to use getQty as the entershort/enterlong but wasnt able to figure out how to call the rest of your base to use it correctly, i think i was able to figure out the inheritance but the rest of it is like another language for me ​ could you take a look?, also to add more then 8 do i just add more double up cases and continue the same way that was already done?​

For some reason the forum wont let me attach .cs files so just included a demo here
    You were close:
    1) Don't call GetQty() unless you want to know the quantity. What you did in the EnterLong/EnterShort is how you use it. Don't call any methods in OnStateChange. I removed GetQty() from both OnStateChange and that call you had in OnBarUpdate. Of course I left it where you had it in the calls to EnterLong/EnterShort.
    2) Call the base class in OnStateChange AND OnBarUpdate

That was it, I think. I was impressed you figured out how to inherit MartingaleBase!! Points for that...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-04 12.50.24.png
Views:	143
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1192464

TestDemo.zip
    Last edited by traderpards; 03-04-2022, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by traderpards View Post

You were close:
      1) Don't call GetQty() unless you want to know the quantity. What you did in the EnterLong/EnterShort is how you use it. Don't call any methods in OnStateChange. I removed GetQty() from both OnStateChange and that call you had in OnBarUpdate. Of course I left it where you had it in the calls to EnterLong/EnterShort.
      2) Call the base class in OnStateChange AND OnBarUpdate

That was it, I think. I was impressed you figured out how to inherit MartingaleBase!! Points for that...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-03-04 12.50.24.png
Views:	143
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	1192464

TestDemo.zip
      OMG doesn't it suck when you were so close!, one other thing if i wanted to go past 8 exponential do i just duplicate the lines for Eight all the way upto the maximum value?

Comment

Originally posted by RookieKiwi View Post

OMG doesn't it suck when you were so close!, one other thing if i wanted to go past 8 exponential do i just duplicate the lines for Eight all the way upto the maximum value?
        The next step after 8 is to do 16 and it's been too long for me to remember of the top of my head. If you want to do 16, you might need to seek therapy!

Comment

Hey buddy,

Any change you can reupload the zip file? i can't dowload it anymore.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post zstheorist  
          Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
          8 responses
          0 likes