Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tinkerz
    replied
    Thanks for the program, its alot of work.

I am trying and failing to update the developing value area to print as it happens rather than the line from the last Vat Vab etc

So I am asking for an enhancement, its nice to see it just to confirm what happens at these areas visually for days in the past.

Also if you can do some kind of time composite as mentioned earlier would be fantastic

Thanks

tinkerz

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    farshadro, Thanks for the feedback. I'll add to the list of enhancements to consider.

Leave a comment:

• farshadro
    replied
    Hi Dean:

Couple of suggestions for future releases if you have time.

1) Ability to display profiles from a specific date as oppose to what is on the screen or how many days back. This gives us the ability to anchor the composite profile from a specific pivot point on the chart to current date.

2) Ability to authomatically draw LVN/HVN (low volume node/High volume node) Lines in the composite. You can check GomMP indicator for the logic used in his code. In his code he also uses hot keys to increase/decrease sensitivity on the data.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    v7.0.5

Uploaded v7.0.5 which allows a couple of new input settings to "Slot Min. Height". Now can goto zero and -1:

0 = Auto - Will combine slots to fill in gaps vertically and eliminate overprints. Makes a much less cluttered map display.

-1 = Auto Separated - Like the Zero setting but adds a separation between slots.

Also centered mapping display with either of these Auto settings when more than 1 tick is combined into a slot (i.e. lower TotalSlots setting) (origonal stuff would (and still does) use the low of the day as a start point and tended to overshoot the high of the day). Adjusted the calcs also to reflect centering.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Panda, v6.5 is out there in the share area. Just do a search for dvaluearea in the Ninjascript file and you'll probably find it quick enough. Can also sort by alpha and get to it. The slots have been discused a few times earlier in this thread. It baslicy determins how many ticks get grouped into a price, as the (daily) tick range becomes larger than # of slots. Try a low setting (like 5) and compare to a higher setting to get the idea.

Jack, probably (just a guess since I don't have DTN, but is one issue when compaired to other charters) one of the differences is if they are using a tick based calc, where NT is bar based. You could put this application on a 1-tick chart and see how it compairs for a lower range day (higher slot setting to avoid that slot grouping thing) (I've not tried it!). Might be a way to hide this with NT-7, but it still would be very resource heavy (too much for me!). Focus on the POC... neither of the VA choices strictly follows what's in the Dalton book (dosn't expand outward in groups of 2), but option 2 does follow the methodoligy (don't know what others actually do either).

Hope that helps.

Leave a comment:

• Jack99
    replied
    equations for POC calculations?

Dean,

I'm a brand new NT7 user and really like the dValueArea indicator you created--very nice work.

I would prefer to use it as my source of VAH,VAL, and POC but I've noticed that the data does not agree with that from other sources. For example, ES 06-10 (RTH) will give different values than what I get from Market Delta (both platforms use same data feed: DTN-IQ).

It is not a small difference. For dValueArea the price-based POC is usually 0.75pts too low; and volume-based POC usually too high (1.5 -3.0 pts too high). The variance depends on the daily range and volume distribution, but I only compare TPOs on days with a minimum of 10pt range. You can also find TPOs in the public domain for comparison (http://www.trade2win.com/boards/us-i...-emini-58.html)

I've manipulated all of the settings that I can within MarketDelta and your indicator to try to discover the source of the difference but can't get the platforms to agree with one another. I would prefer to use NT7 because MarketDelta is a serious resource hog and I sometimes run 3 trading platforms at once.

I would be happy to work with you find the discrepency. Unfortunately I don't know any C#, but I am more than happy to work on the math for you, and benchmark the results from other platforms.

Let me know if you're interested. I think its a great indicator.

Leave a comment:

• PandaTrader
    replied
    Dean do you have this also for NT version 6?
    Then I wanted to ask what are the total maximum slot settings for?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    MDay's Features Merge

UpLoaded v7.0.3 - Adds combo mapping choices. Can chose to show maps for on screen bars, or add previous days together. Basicly merged dValueA_MDays into dValueArea.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    DeanV,
    Just Imported the NT7 version, works fine.

Really appreciate your porting this before NT7 is officially released.
    THANK YOU.

Leave a comment:

• paulg
    replied
    DeanV,

Thanks for this NT7 contribution; very appreciated!

Paul

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Posted 7.0.1 update (may have a few of these as the beta changes or find new issues). Added "UseSessTemplate" to get session start/length from chart template.
    Last edited by DeanV; 03-24-2010, 06:50 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    dValueArea7

Posted a mostly straight conversion of dValueArea to NT7 in the share area. Let me know if it dosn't work the same as the 6.5 version.

Analyst13: 3 of the 4 are volume based. Pick the one that works for you.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• TheAnalyst13
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanV View Post
    VPOC - Usually referes to Volume Point of Control. This program has 3 ways to include volume in it's calcs, and one without...

VOC - Volume at Close. Only maps volume at the close tick per bar.
    VTPO - Volume Time Price Opertunity. Evenly distributes Volume accross the ticks per bar. (TPO is realy just another phrase for POC in this context).
    VWTPO - Volume Weighted. Distributes The Volume accross the ticks of a bar on a weighted basis (larger bars get less volume per tick, vs. smaller bars with the same volume.
    TPO - only price is used.

I use VWTPO the most.

Opening Hr./Min. are just that in your local time zone (9 and 30 for East Timezone). Session Lenght then defines how much later the close will occure (6.75 for ES = 4:15 pm in this example).

MDays does not breakout the maps on a daily bassis like on the origonal program. That's really the only major part that's missing. I'll probably get that going for the MDays option when I post a version 7 of MDays.

Hope this helps.

Dean.

Thanks Dean.

I'm new to this. Which one of them is volume profile then, if any?

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    VPOC - Usually referes to Volume Point of Control. This program has 3 ways to include volume in it's calcs, and one without...

VOC - Volume at Close. Only maps volume at the close tick per bar.
    VTPO - Volume Time Price Opertunity. Evenly distributes Volume accross the ticks per bar. (TPO is realy just another phrase for POC in this context).
    VWTPO - Volume Weighted. Distributes The Volume accross the ticks of a bar on a weighted basis (larger bars get less volume per tick, vs. smaller bars with the same volume.
    TPO - only price is used.

I use VWTPO the most.

Opening Hr./Min. are just that in your local time zone (9 and 30 for East Timezone). Session Lenght then defines how much later the close will occure (6.75 for ES = 4:15 pm in this example).

MDays does not breakout the maps on a daily bassis like on the origonal program. That's really the only major part that's missing. I'll probably get that going for the MDays option when I post a version 7 of MDays.

Hope this helps.

Dean.
    Last edited by DeanV; 03-19-2010, 06:15 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PandaTrader
    replied
    Thanks for the great work DeanV.

I was exactly looking for this indicator. I have the same question as TheAnalyst13. I wanted to ask you or anybody who is willing to give me some insights.
    1. what is meant by open hours and open minute? Is the session length expressed in hours and minute in here? or do I put in the time when the ES future starts in my time zone?
    2. I used for session length 6.75, for ES contract
    3. if I use dvalue Mdays, do I still need the other indicator or can Mdays do it all?

Thanks everybody.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by traderqz, Today, 12:06 AM
8 responses
0 likes
Last Post traderqz  
Started by SightCareAubetter, Today, 12:50 PM
0 responses
0 likes