Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TheAnalyst13
    replied
    I have a couple of questions. If I'm interested in volume profile or volume historgram. Which of the following I have to choose? VPOC, VWTPO, VTPO?

I really never heard of any of the three, if some can explain me what the difference is as well to TPO that would be great.

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Kumar, I have 2 methods for calculating H and L VA's in the code. I've seen both used by various people. Try changing VACalcType and see if that get's it closer. I don't think any 2 versions of this method will always match, but should almost always be close if using same basic methods. Also, number of Slots setting could effect it some (more so as the total range becomes bigger). Think I increased the max for this one to 1000.

ScreenMap options 1 and 2 work for me (option zero hasn't been added so dosn't work). Try putting a weeks worth of days on screen and setting PreviousDays to 3 or 4 to prove it's working. You should see the maps quit when it hits those days past (if showing left justified, etc.). If the start day past is off screen you should be able to scroll to find it also.

dowtrader, Lots of info out on the net and in a few books on various way's to use this info. Do search's on value area's, market maps, etc. and you'll find a lot.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    Hello Dean,

I got a chance to compare dvalue_M to a composite from IRT posted on twitter. Today's rotation down after 11:30 am followed the IRT chart pretty closely.
    IRT composite showed the next LVN at 1138.50 followed by a HVN at 1136.75. These numbers did not match the dvalue_M composite.

Looking at data going back to Jan 5. I use ZenFire and don't know how accurate the data is or how it is presented by NinjaTrader.

The ScreenMap option 2 works as expected, but option 1 (days back) does not change the profile regardless of the number of days selected and after applying, it reverts to 2.
    The ability to view a composite going back 'n' number of days regardless of the chart time base, is very useful - today is a good example, needed to include data from Jan to get a usable profile.
    Enough said and thanks,
    Kumar

Leave a comment:

• dowtrader
    replied
    I am relatively new to Market Profile but has anyone looked into the significance of a Value Area that engulfs the previous day's Value Area i.e. like an outside day. Is this a continuation pattern pattern within Market Profile too?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• dowtrader
    replied
    DeanV,

Thanks for your speedy response and thanks for your generosity in sharing the modified indicator.

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    Dean,
    Just had a quick look at Dvalue_M, this is very exciting.
    I have been using DvalueArea - by far the most useful indicator for me and I used to rely on other people to provide a usable a composite. This addition makes Ninja very usable for me.
    Really appreciate all your hard work. Thank you.
    Kumar

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    dValueA_MDays

dowtrader, Try this one. Displays maps for what's on screen or groupings of days. It's not completely finished, but as far as I'm going to go till we get to NT 7.

Has about 3 new settings...

ScreenMapType: pick daily, screen or number of days to combine.. (daily dosn't work)
    PreviousSessions: Number of day's back to include when in days mode.
    ShowDaily: if true will show the daily Lines (not maps)

Hope you find it useful.

Dean.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    dowtrader,

Take a look at 'PriceVolumeHistogram'

The lack of data going back a year or two, limits the use of this indicator,
    otherwise looks good.

Kumar

Leave a comment:

• dowtrader
    replied
    dValueArea

Thanks for sharing your indicator.

Is there any way that I can combine daily consecutive profile graphics into a larger cumulative profile graphic so that I may observe an evolving picture of longer term balance or imbalance? Thanks again.

dowtrader

Leave a comment:

• winJR
    replied
    Hello, hope you will forgive my ignorance

I have just recently been studying what I can on the Market profile. Have much to learn. This indicator looks great to all those who have put so much time into it. Can someone explain to me what the VAt and VAb are? Also, it was mentioned about having the indicator show the closest virgin POC's above and below on the chart as well. Has anyone done that yet? If so, can you share the indicator. thanks a million!!!

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    John, They are the same, except the Evolving only shows the current values, where the "RealTime" keeps the historical.

Kumar, Not sure why you might get that error, unless you've got some version that's been modified elseware (the "enum" at the top has to be unique name). I don't have NT7 yet (waiting for a little more stabalization), so no version yet.

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• John.2000
    replied
    Revised DValueRt

DeanV,

Thanks very much for your expedience on this, much appreciated. One question though, What is the difference between Evolving Values and Realtime values? Is Evolving VAt same as Realtime VAt?

Thanks again,

John

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    Hello DeanV,

I just tried importing DvalueArea_1 to NT , failed: error: duplicate file on the system or missing file.

I suppose there is no NT 7 (32-bit) version for this as yet.

Thanks,
    Kumar

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Realtime Va's

John, Here's a renamed (dValueAreaRtVA) and quickly modified version (NT 6.5) that will show the RealTime VA's when you ask for the RealTime POC.

Dean.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John.2000
    replied
    Evolving VAt POC VAb history

As the values of Evolving VAt, Evolving POC and Evolving VAb change with the price/volume action throughout the day, is it possible that the old values remain (similar to POC and Real Time POC), so that you can see where the older levels were in prior days?

Thanks,

John

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
168 responses
0 likes
Last Post sidlercom80  
Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
3 responses