Collapse

Value Areas - dValueArea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

matrix, going to have to narrow it down some...

Try opening a new workspace. setup a new chart with only 1 data stream and this indicator on it. Then connect and see if the problem duplicates.

If so, check the log for errors. Also make sure you have enough days (10 should be fine), and your using something common for data (like ES open hrs. only on a 5 min. chart).

If no problem, then change things to match your other workspace setup till problem show's it's self. Then see what change can cause it.

I had a corrupt chart (not workspace) once a few NT versions back, but just building a new chart from scratch solved it.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Hi Dean,

That may be the issue. I rebuilt a chart and refreshed the data after adding each indicator seperatelyand the issue did not recur. SO this may be the best fix. Thank You. M!

Comment

Originally posted by *matrix View Post
        Hi Dean,

That may be the issue. I rebuilt a chart and refreshed the data after adding each indicator seperatelyand the issue did not recur. SO this may be the best fix. Thank You. M!
        I was faced with the same problem a few 'beta' versions ago; I simply reconstructed the chart - what a pain it was as I draw past VPOCs and LVN/HVN lines on the chart. Haven't faced this problem now for sometime.

One useful lesson I learnt was to save the workspace as soon as the morning updates are done, this also helps when NT unexpectedly stops responding.

As always, thank you Dean for all the great work and I hope it is 'work in progress'.

Cheers,
        Kumar

Comment

VWTPO or VTPO

Hi Dean
          You think is more dinamic and fast the value area and poc calculated on VWTPO (Volume
          weighted price) or on VTPO (volume) ?
          Thanks Roberto

Comment

rcabri, Personally, I use VWTPO for most things. Think it can depend on personal preference of the various ways you can use it.

Comment

Thanks Roberto

Comment

Dean, will the NinjaTrader Version 7.0.1000.3 Beta release have any impact on dValue indicator?

Cheers,
                Markus

Comment

Since the code is "open source" and not protected, I don't see why the .3 version would have an impact. I expect it will continue to work.

That being said.... Who Knows! It is using "undocumented" calls, mostly just the "Plot" override. A lot of code will break, if that gets screwed up.

Comment

Thanks, Dean.

Cheers,
                    Markus

Comment

DValue area Strategy

Hi Dean, many thanks for a great indicator. It's proven to be very useful. Lately, I have been trying to incorporate this into a strategy by accessing developing POC, VAt and VAb. What I'm trying to do is something like this:

if (Close[0] > dValueArea(VAt[0]))

{
                      then do something

}

I'm getting a VAt doesnt exist in the current context although I see it there in the code. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks. DJ

Comment

DJ,

I havn't done such for a while, but think the basic syntax for call it is more like this...

if (Close[0] > dValueArea(pass in a bunch of params here, in proper order).VAt[0] )

Hope that Helps!

Comment

market analyzer

Hi Dean,
                          I am currently using dValue in MA and the column data displays a value(price)...what does this "value" represent,...the value area high?/value area low?/POC?/...this is in a market analyzer column in NT6.5~

Comment

Weekly version

Originally posted by DeanV View Post
                            Here's a (quickly developed) Weekly version if dValueArea. I've only done basic function testing with it, so make sure you've saved your environment (incase if locks up and you have to crash out).

Calling this "dValueAreaWkly". Use it on intraday charts.
                            DeanV,

Is this dValueAreaWkly_test1 the only weekly version available?

Kind regards,
                            Paul

Comment

mystiq, not sure about 6.5, but with NT 7 you should be able to pick the PLOT. Defalted to POC for me. I did have to change the # of bars back to 500 - 5000 so that it got enough days worth (3 days or so should work) to be valid (depends if your using 1 min. or 30 min. bars, etc.).

paulg, Don't remember exactly how that version worked, but think it picked a day of week and looked at previous 7 days. Current version won't do that exactly, but you can combine the previous 7 days... it will be a "rolling" result though... it will move forward with each passing day so that it's always the past 7 days worth. May have to pick 5 to account for the missing week-end stuff, etc..

Hope that helps.
                              Dean.

Comment

dvalue VaB

Originally posted by DeanV View Post
                                mystiq, not sure about 6.5, but with NT 7 you should be able to pick the PLOT. Defalted to POC for me. I did have to change the # of bars back to 500 - 5000 so that it got enough days worth (3 days or so should work) to be valid (depends if your using 1 min. or 30 min. bars, etc.).

paulg, Don't remember exactly how that version worked, but think it picked a day of week and looked at previous 7 days. Current version won't do that exactly, but you can combine the previous 7 days... it will be a "rolling" result though... it will move forward with each passing day so that it's always the past 7 days worth. May have to pick 5 to account for the missing week-end stuff, etc..

Hope that helps.
                                Dean.

Thanks Dean. I attached a screenshot of my chart. but have a few questions on the settings and display.

....with the current settings, i can verify the VaT and POC(realtime also), but the VaB looks to be off by a few...can you verify this? are my settings correct to display the current VaT, POC and VaB?

Thx - by the way..i use a 30min chart
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Christopher_R  
                                Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                                166 responses