Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ericson
    replied
    Yes I will. Thank you. Which code was altered? Only Onrender section?
    Last edited by ericson; 02-09-2017, 02:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_ChelseaB
    replied
    Hello ericson,

I've made some changes to the DValueArea for NinjaTrader 8 to update this to the latest version.

Can you test this updated version and let me know if you are still getting errors?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    Thanks ericson, we will check into it.

Leave a comment:

• ericson
    replied

Not sure, but i think if i load on too many charts, or set process priority higher, or scroll too far to the left of the chart. Not sure.

I edited it by declaring some of variables before onbarupdate, but didn't help.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Bertrand
    replied
    ericson, is this your script or did you download it the forums somewhere? Likely the OnRender() handling of brushes would need to be updated, as reference item you could check for example into - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=85099

Leave a comment:

• ericson
    replied
    2/6/2017 11:55:20 AM,Default,Indicator 'DValueArea': Error on calling 'OnRender' method on bar 505: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.,

Im getting this after loading a charts with the indicator.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello NathanO,

Thank you for your post.

I am not familiar with that indicator. It is protected in a dll or do you have access to the source?

Leave a comment:

• NathanO
    replied
    dragging up and old thread but hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have been given and indicator that looks like it's come from this dvalue code. But I'm having a problem with it, and I have also seen the same issue using the dvalue code from this thread.

I looks like it's not detecting the session times correctly

http://screencast.com/t/EY1IUbBow

you can see on this screenshot some days are being plotted as pre session (red) which therefore means the developing levels are not correct and also on the next day the "yesterday levels" are wrong..

has anyone seen this before. I'm thinking it could be some sort of more generic issue with the code rather than specific to this indicator???

Thanks
    Nathan

Leave a comment:

• laocoon
    replied
    Additional question: if VAt[1] gives you yesterday's value, how do you get the value of the day before yesterday? I figured it should be VAt[2], but it doesn't work.

Could someone please enlighten me?

Leave a comment:

• laocoon
    replied
    Originally posted by djkiwi View Post
    Hi Dean, thanks for posting below. I am able to get the formula for yesterdays VAt and VAb for TF. For those interested here it is:

VAT=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dVa lueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2). VAt[1];
    VAB=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dVa lueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2). VAb[1];
    DJ
    Hi DJ,

I'm trying to integrate the VAt & VAb in a strategy, but my dValueArea indicator parameters don't match yours. I've tried to adapt the code to my settings, but when I compile it I get an error message. Could I kindly ask you to have a quick look at my parameters (see pic below) and to tell me how they would translate in terms of code? Your help is much appreciated.

EDIT: I just found the solution
    Attached Files
    Last edited by laocoon; 10-28-2015, 03:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• aditya121
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickH View Post
    Hello silver99,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

I have not seen this before, can you send your log and trace files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please reference this thread in the subject line: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=20430
    Hello Forum,

Thank to sharing Infomation and your experience. Has any one experience or information about any tool to find out major support and resistence area like volumezones based on Bulls Bears or Trade Order made by institutional player (Pros).

Thank

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_PatrickH
    replied
    Hello silver99,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader Support Forum!

I have not seen this before, can you send your log and trace files to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com?

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support. Please reference this thread in the subject line: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=20430

Leave a comment:

• silver99
    replied
    dValueArea using 2 data series

Has anyone experienced issues when using two data series on a chart with dVAlueArea? I am getting error messages that say "error on plotting indicator" Please check the 'onbarupdate' or the 'plot' method: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.

Another indicator on the same chart that won't plot says the same except the end is: 'Index was outside the bounds of the array'.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you,

Leave a comment:

• jsc40
    replied
    dvaluearea

Thanks for the great indicator. Question - I am running it on an ES daily 15 min chart and an ES 15 min chart that includes the overnight session. Both are set to begin at 8:30 (central time) and run for 6.75 hours. I would think that would cause the one on the chart with overnight data to give the same Vab, Vat, and POC as the daily chart since both are limited to using the day session only. However, in reality the chart with the overnight session sometimes has values that are a little different. What do I need to do on the chart with the overnight session to give the same values as the day session only chart?

Leave a comment:

• erik949
    replied
    Anyway to call on the evolving top and bottoms

Thanks for the great work. I have been looking for something like this to finish off a strategy I have been working on for a while. Is there a method that I can call to get the evolving VAt and VAb values. They are painted and we can control that but I did not see in the code where these were put to a dataseries or available to call from.

Thanks so much

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post geddyisodin  
Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
0 responses
0 likes