X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cclsys
    replied
    some support-resistance pictures

Here is a recent (10 minutes ago) picture showing the the Rt DValue levels (along with the 'predictive' Ichimoku Clouds drawn 27 and 81 bars before they happen) can be so helpful.

There was a big sell off at 3.00 (no doubt a Fed announcement). Note how the price went straight to the blue line (yesterdays VaB price at close). This is not unusual.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cclsys
    replied
    Need to put oscillator in a different panel. But the way it jumps around, that's what I could use help fixing (from an experienced programmer type).

Leave a comment:

• bene111
    replied
    hey cclsys,

i have a problem, look at the pic.

thx for help!
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• cclsys
    replied
    Oscillator help

I wrote an oscillator based on the DValue. Now this is on a version which also shows evolving VaB and VaT. The code is messy because Dean's original coding is way beyond my skill level.

The oscillator is really quite good and of course works on all time frames/charts without any input tweaking except start and end times, duration of session. But when the session ends and new one begins the value spikes (somehow it becomes the Close Price I think) and so the display doesn't work properly.

If anyone would be interested in solving this display issue (and generally cleaning up the code), I believe this could be a very helpful indicator, one that can be used to incorporate volume price analysis into system coding rules.

I have attached the code, and also a picture showing the oscillator display kicking out (as the session ended 20 minutes ago), and then scrolling the chart to the left to exclude this time, the oscillator working. The oscillator in question is the one with the magenta histogram.

The chart displays the DValue with RtVAB, RtVAT, RTPOC, also Vwap (magenta) and Ichi clouds in two time-frames.
    The oscillator beneath the one in question plots the skew (vwap relative to RtPOC) which is also quite handy. I have posted this somewhere else in this thread.

As always, thanks to Dean V for developing this excellent resource.

(Please, no-one here needs to mention that you can always pay someone to do this!)
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mic.o8o
    replied
    Thanks kumar, I found my answers in the earlier pages of this thread.

Leave a comment:

• kumar
    replied
    Originally posted by mic.o8o View Post
    Can someone explain the difference between the different profile types please.

I just want to show the day's "volume" poc as it evolves during the day. I am unclear about what volume weighted price (vwap?) and volume at close are.

Thanks.
    dValueArea plots the evolving VPOC (price where most volume traded). Volume Weighted Average Price (VWAP) is altogether a different indicator. You can get 'SessionVWAP' indicator for that.

VolumeProfile is also available from other sources.

Good luck,
    Kumar.

Leave a comment:

• mic.o8o
    replied
    Which profile type?

Can someone explain the difference between the different profile types please.

I just want to show the day's "volume" poc as it evolves during the day. I am unclear about what volume weighted price (vwap?) and volume at close are.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Creamers
    replied
    Meanwhile added Virgin POC´s

All credits go to Dean. Meanwhile I added the famous VPOC (also called vpc's) to the code. I want to share this again here...
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Edwin
    replied
    Dvalue Area Indicator

I'm new to this indicator but can someone tell me how to use the indicator? I hope I don't sound too basic but judging from the positive comments, I'd like to know how to use the indicator. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    Sorry Vitaliy, Don't have time to do this anytime soon. I will put it on a todo list. Thanks for the sugjestion!

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• Vitaliy
    replied
    weekly VA

Hi Dean,
    I realy like your indicator dValueArea, great work!!! thanks a lot!

but there is one more usefull options that is realy missing

I mean calculating weekly VA

For now indicator allows to calculate weekly VA but only one moment in whole week when I can do it before starting monday session using 5 days to calculate VA

but there is more importent to see weekly VA like an option!

So if you please be so kind to make this option I would very apritiate!

Thanks a lot for your attantion to me!

Leave a comment:

• CriticalTrader
    replied
    CDA VolumeProfile indicator

Read this post.

Example rendition with all options enabled...single instance of indicator....
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• bobc635
    replied
    Originally posted by rsmann123 View Post
    Hi everyone,

The version I have shows real time POC, but is there a version available which has real time VAt and VAb also?

Thanks,
    Randy
    I use dValueArea, it has evolving as well as VA and POC. I am having trouble getting the VA and POC be correct for 6E though.... may switch to a regular MP... Does anyone have a MP that they really like?

Bob

Leave a comment:

• rsmann123
    replied
    Real time VAt and VAb

Hi everyone,

The version I have shows real time POC, but is there a version available which has real time VAt and VAb also?

Thanks,
    Randy

Leave a comment:

• ninja99
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanV View Post
    ninja99, I think it's an NT issue, so not sure how I can help with that one. You could try some different settings or change your chart layouts, etc... (trial and error stuff).

Thanks.
    Dean.
    Noted with Thanks...........Ninja99

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
2 responses
0 likes
Last Post wzgy0920  
Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM