X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeanV
    replied
    djkiwi,

Think the easy way would be to setup 2 more plots and set those to equal the evolving variables in OnBarUpdate (like where RtPOC is being set... could probably just copy that code more or less). That would also get you historical access for bars past. You could set color to transparent so they don't show on screen or such.

There is a way or 2 to "publish" the existing variabls for external access, but it's about the same work as the plots, and you would also need to setup new dataseries variables anyway if you wanted previous bar data, I think. Off hand, don't remember the details on that.

Hope that helps!

Dean.

Leave a comment:

• djkiwi
    replied
    Developing value and Yesterdays Value

Hi Dean, thanks for posting below. I am able to get the formula for yesterdays VAt and VAb for TF. For those interested here it is:

VAT=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dVa lueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2). VAt[1];
    VAB=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dVa lueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2). VAb[1];

The problem I'm having now is accessing the devloping Value area high and low. I tried using eVAop and an error came up and said "cannot be accessed due to its protection level". I did see this defined in the variables. Please see code below:

VATT=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dV alueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2) .eVAtop[0];

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
    DJ

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    Originally posted by DeanV View Post
    mystiq,

Havn't used this in Market Analyzer so not sure. Try it! In general, I think if output is coded as a PLOT, you can get to it.

POC (PLOT's) are representing "yesterdays" activity. What's ploted today is really where yesterday ended up.

Evolving is where it's at right now.. today, for today. It can change with every bar. Where it ends up at end of day is about where the POC will plot the next day (it won't catch the final bar). These are not PLOT's but either line draw's or text.

RealTime is just a historical PLOT of the Evolving. It should match at the last bar ploted.

Hope that helps!
    Dean.

..yes it did..thanks...but..."RealTime is just a historical PLOT of the Evolving. It should match at the last bar ploted"

in other words: evolving POC from yesterday would be POC today AND evolving POC from today would be realtime POC today ?

to clarify, POC is yesterdays activity; evolving POC is todays activity; realtime POC is historical evolving POC ...as in IF evolving POC is "2.50", then realtime POC would be "2.50" also

....basically trying to plot the evolving POC by substituting with realtime POC in market analyzer
    Last edited by mystiq; 05-11-2011, 02:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    mystiq,

Havn't used this in Market Analyzer so not sure. Try it! In general, I think if output is coded as a PLOT, you can get to it.

POC (PLOT's) are representing "yesterdays" activity. What's ploted today is really where yesterday ended up.

Evolving is where it's at right now.. today, for today. It can change with every bar. Where it ends up at end of day is about where the POC will plot the next day (it won't catch the final bar). These are not PLOT's but either line draw's or text.

RealTime is just a historical PLOT of the Evolving. It should match at the last bar ploted.

Hope that helps!
    Dean.

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    plotting evolving VAt / VAb / POC

John, Here's a renamed (dValueAreaRtVA) and quickly modified version (NT 6.5) that will show the RealTime VA's when you ask for the RealTime POC.

Dean.
    Attached FilesdValueAreaRtVa.zip (11.7 KB, 111 views)

will this version plot the realtime(current) va's in market analyzer? the Rt version posted?

...to be specific, the evolving VA's & evolving POC

..lastly: POC , RtPOC, Evolving POC ...what is the major difference? and which one is the current for the day?
    Last edited by mystiq; 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM. Reason: edit

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    Originally posted by mystiq View Post
    ..thanks for the quick response...

..will try changes and respond back with results.

I implemented the changes and believe I can work with the results. The VaT/POC/VaB are all at levels that I can work with that support my entries and exits.

i attached my new settings and chart.

Thx
    ~the first is before changes were made.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    ..thanks for the quick response...

mystiq, Off hand, didn't notice any obvious issues. Few things to concider...

Equity day ends at 4 pm, so could change SessionLenghtinhours to 6.5 for consistancy.
    *change this on the chart or on the indicator?*

Could try a few more Slots (300 - 500) since each cent is the real detail level. You may want to combine them as you are with 100 slots (more of a preference thing really). On a 30 min. chart probably won't mater much. Just thoughts to try.
    *will adopt this change*

Your using VWTPO so (somewhat hidden) volume will scew it compaired to just price. Depending on data provider, some can send different volume results at times (don't know why, but have seen it).
    *will just use TPO*

Unless you have a compelling reason to stay with 6.5 (and you may!), the v7 of my indicator has a few newer features that I find useful (i.e. able to combine days, etc.). Don't think the final results would be different as your using it though (don't recal any calc changes along those lines).
    *i have custom indicators for 6.5 and have reservations on upgrading, knowing there are problems migrating...*...that is an issue to take up with NT support, I have no problems using 6.5 for now*

Hope that Helps!
    Dean.
    ..will try changes and respond back with results.

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    mystiq, Off hand, didn't notice any obvious issues. Few things to concider...

Equity day ends at 4 pm, so could change SessionLenghtinhours to 6.5 for consistancy.

Could try a few more Slots (300 - 500) since each cent is the real detail level. You may want to combine them as you are with 100 slots (more of a preference thing really). On a 30 min. chart probably won't mater much. Just thoughts to try.

Your using VWTPO so (somewhat hidden) volume will scew it compaired to just price. Depending on data provider, some can send different volume results at times (don't know why, but have seen it).

Unless you have a compelling reason to stay with 6.5 (and you may!), the v7 of my indicator has a few newer features that I find useful (i.e. able to combine days, etc.). Don't think the final results would be different as your using it though (don't recal any calc changes along those lines).

Hope that Helps!
    Dean.

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    dvalue VaB

mystiq, not sure about 6.5, but with NT 7 you should be able to pick the PLOT. Defalted to POC for me. I did have to change the # of bars back to 500 - 5000 so that it got enough days worth (3 days or so should work) to be valid (depends if your using 1 min. or 30 min. bars, etc.).

paulg, Don't remember exactly how that version worked, but think it picked a day of week and looked at previous 7 days. Current version won't do that exactly, but you can combine the previous 7 days... it will be a "rolling" result though... it will move forward with each passing day so that it's always the past 7 days worth. May have to pick 5 to account for the missing week-end stuff, etc..

Hope that helps.
    Dean.

Thanks Dean. I attached a screenshot of my chart. but have a few questions on the settings and display.

....with the current settings, i can verify the VaT and POC(realtime also), but the VaB looks to be off by a few...can you verify this? are my settings correct to display the current VaT, POC and VaB?

Thx - by the way..i use a 30min chart
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    mystiq, not sure about 6.5, but with NT 7 you should be able to pick the PLOT. Defalted to POC for me. I did have to change the # of bars back to 500 - 5000 so that it got enough days worth (3 days or so should work) to be valid (depends if your using 1 min. or 30 min. bars, etc.).

paulg, Don't remember exactly how that version worked, but think it picked a day of week and looked at previous 7 days. Current version won't do that exactly, but you can combine the previous 7 days... it will be a "rolling" result though... it will move forward with each passing day so that it's always the past 7 days worth. May have to pick 5 to account for the missing week-end stuff, etc..

Hope that helps.
    Dean.

Leave a comment:

• paulg
    replied
    Weekly version

Here's a (quickly developed) Weekly version if dValueArea. I've only done basic function testing with it, so make sure you've saved your environment (incase if locks up and you have to crash out).

Calling this "dValueAreaWkly". Use it on intraday charts.
    DeanV,

Is this dValueAreaWkly_test1 the only weekly version available?

Kind regards,
    Paul

Leave a comment:

• mystiq
    replied
    market analyzer

Hi Dean,
    I am currently using dValue in MA and the column data displays a value(price)...what does this "value" represent,...the value area high?/value area low?/POC?/...this is in a market analyzer column in NT6.5~

Leave a comment:

• DeanV
    replied
    DJ,

I havn't done such for a while, but think the basic syntax for call it is more like this...

if (Close[0] > dValueArea(pass in a bunch of params here, in proper order).VAt[0] )

Hope that Helps!

Leave a comment:

• djkiwi
    replied
    DValue area Strategy

Hi Dean, many thanks for a great indicator. It's proven to be very useful. Lately, I have been trying to incorporate this into a strategy by accessing developing POC, VAt and VAb. What I'm trying to do is something like this:

if (Close[0] > dValueArea(VAt[0]))

{
    then do something

}

I'm getting a VAt doesnt exist in the current context although I see it there in the code. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Thanks. DJ

Leave a comment:

• markuse
    replied
    Thanks, Dean.

Cheers,
    Markus

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
1 response