Value Areas - dValueArea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John,

You can have NT7 installed at the same time as NT6.5. They do not influence each other.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
      John,

You can have NT7 installed at the same time as NT6.5. They do not influence each other.

yes, they do not influence each other in terms of installation but the user can't run 6.5 and 7 at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
        John,

Josh,

Does it mean that I can down load the current beta version of NT7 and strta using it instead of 6.5?

Thanks,

Comment

Yes, you can install NT6.5 and 7 at the same time and use either or. You cannot use both at the same time, correct.

Comment

My indy is 6.5 only. I don't have 7.

Comment

This is also posted in vwap thread:

Using hvwap, someone suggested I changed in Properties the start and end times from being in "Settings" to "Properties" to make hvwap callable in other indicators [such as the Skew Indy in this Dvalue thread]. This worked. But now I am getting both a log error and an occasional pop-up serializing error.

Log:
              Failed to restore indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.hVWAP'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this indicator no longer is there.
              popup (also in log):
              Indicator 'NinjaTrader.Indicator.hVWAP' could not be serialized. Please refer help for more information on serializing indicators.

Any clues on what do do here?

I attach test version of hvwap to play with so that original does not need to be touched.
              Attached Files

Comment

cclsys,

If you move things around to Properties you now have a different indicator call method to call that indicator. You will need to make adjustments everywhere in your code. Unfortunately I would not know exactly where you want to look at.

Comment

is it possible that this is just a template problem, i.e. previously saved templates are looking for things that have been changed but that the underlying code is fine?

Comment

Evolving VAt POC VAb history

As the values of Evolving VAt, Evolving POC and Evolving VAb change with the price/volume action throughout the day, is it possible that the old values remain (similar to POC and Real Time POC), so that you can see where the older levels were in prior days?

Thanks,

John

Comment

Realtime Va's

John, Here's a renamed (dValueAreaRtVA) and quickly modified version (NT 6.5) that will show the RealTime VA's when you ask for the RealTime POC.

Dean.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello DeanV,

I just tried importing DvalueArea_1 to NT , failed: error: duplicate file on the system or missing file.

I suppose there is no NT 7 (32-bit) version for this as yet.

Thanks,
                        Kumar

Comment

Revised DValueRt

DeanV,

Thanks very much for your expedience on this, much appreciated. One question though, What is the difference between Evolving Values and Realtime values? Is Evolving VAt same as Realtime VAt?

Thanks again,

John

Comment

John, They are the same, except the Evolving only shows the current values, where the "RealTime" keeps the historical.

Kumar, Not sure why you might get that error, unless you've got some version that's been modified elseware (the "enum" at the top has to be unique name). I don't have NT7 yet (waiting for a little more stabalization), so no version yet.

Dean.

Comment

Hello, hope you will forgive my ignorance

I have just recently been studying what I can on the Market profile. Have much to learn. This indicator looks great to all those who have put so much time into it. Can someone explain to me what the VAt and VAb are? Also, it was mentioned about having the indicator show the closest virgin POC's above and below on the chart as well. Has anyone done that yet? If so, can you share the indicator. thanks a million!!!

Comment

dValueArea

Thanks for sharing your indicator.

Is there any way that I can combine daily consecutive profile graphics into a larger cumulative profile graphic so that I may observe an evolving picture of longer term balance or imbalance? Thanks again.

dowtrader

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by jclose, Today, 09:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post jclose
                                by jclose

Started by WeyldFalcon, 08-07-2020, 06:13 AM
                                10 responses