Collapse

Value Areas - dValueArea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mystiq, Off hand, didn't notice any obvious issues. Few things to concider...

Equity day ends at 4 pm, so could change SessionLenghtinhours to 6.5 for consistancy.

Could try a few more Slots (300 - 500) since each cent is the real detail level. You may want to combine them as you are with 100 slots (more of a preference thing really). On a 30 min. chart probably won't mater much. Just thoughts to try.

Your using VWTPO so (somewhat hidden) volume will scew it compaired to just price. Depending on data provider, some can send different volume results at times (don't know why, but have seen it).

Unless you have a compelling reason to stay with 6.5 (and you may!), the v7 of my indicator has a few newer features that I find useful (i.e. able to combine days, etc.). Don't think the final results would be different as your using it though (don't recal any calc changes along those lines).

Hope that Helps!
    Dean.

Comment

..thanks for the quick response...

Originally posted by DeanV View Post
      mystiq, Off hand, didn't notice any obvious issues. Few things to concider...

Equity day ends at 4 pm, so could change SessionLenghtinhours to 6.5 for consistancy.
      *change this on the chart or on the indicator?*

Could try a few more Slots (300 - 500) since each cent is the real detail level. You may want to combine them as you are with 100 slots (more of a preference thing really). On a 30 min. chart probably won't mater much. Just thoughts to try.
      *will adopt this change*

Your using VWTPO so (somewhat hidden) volume will scew it compaired to just price. Depending on data provider, some can send different volume results at times (don't know why, but have seen it).
      *will just use TPO*

Unless you have a compelling reason to stay with 6.5 (and you may!), the v7 of my indicator has a few newer features that I find useful (i.e. able to combine days, etc.). Don't think the final results would be different as your using it though (don't recal any calc changes along those lines).
      *i have custom indicators for 6.5 and have reservations on upgrading, knowing there are problems migrating...*...that is an issue to take up with NT support, I have no problems using 6.5 for now*

Hope that Helps!
      Dean.
      ..will try changes and respond back with results.

Comment

Originally posted by mystiq View Post
        ..thanks for the quick response...

..will try changes and respond back with results.

I implemented the changes and believe I can work with the results. The VaT/POC/VaB are all at levels that I can work with that support my entries and exits.

i attached my new settings and chart.

Thx
        ~the first is before changes were made.
        Attached Files

Comment

plotting evolving VAt / VAb / POC

John, Here's a renamed (dValueAreaRtVA) and quickly modified version (NT 6.5) that will show the RealTime VA's when you ask for the RealTime POC.

Dean.
          Attached FilesdValueAreaRtVa.zip (11.7 KB, 111 views)

will this version plot the realtime(current) va's in market analyzer? the Rt version posted?

...to be specific, the evolving VA's & evolving POC

..lastly: POC , RtPOC, Evolving POC ...what is the major difference? and which one is the current for the day?
          Last edited by mystiq; 05-09-2011, 11:19 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

mystiq,

Havn't used this in Market Analyzer so not sure. Try it! In general, I think if output is coded as a PLOT, you can get to it.

POC (PLOT's) are representing "yesterdays" activity. What's ploted today is really where yesterday ended up.

Evolving is where it's at right now.. today, for today. It can change with every bar. Where it ends up at end of day is about where the POC will plot the next day (it won't catch the final bar). These are not PLOT's but either line draw's or text.

RealTime is just a historical PLOT of the Evolving. It should match at the last bar ploted.

Hope that helps!
            Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by DeanV View Post
              mystiq,

Havn't used this in Market Analyzer so not sure. Try it! In general, I think if output is coded as a PLOT, you can get to it.

POC (PLOT's) are representing "yesterdays" activity. What's ploted today is really where yesterday ended up.

Evolving is where it's at right now.. today, for today. It can change with every bar. Where it ends up at end of day is about where the POC will plot the next day (it won't catch the final bar). These are not PLOT's but either line draw's or text.

RealTime is just a historical PLOT of the Evolving. It should match at the last bar ploted.

Hope that helps!
              Dean.

..yes it did..thanks...but..."RealTime is just a historical PLOT of the Evolving. It should match at the last bar ploted"

in other words: evolving POC from yesterday would be POC today AND evolving POC from today would be realtime POC today ?

to clarify, POC is yesterdays activity; evolving POC is todays activity; realtime POC is historical evolving POC ...as in IF evolving POC is "2.50", then realtime POC would be "2.50" also

....basically trying to plot the evolving POC by substituting with realtime POC in market analyzer
              Last edited by mystiq; 05-11-2011, 02:45 AM.

Comment

Developing value and Yesterdays Value

Hi Dean, thanks for posting below. I am able to get the formula for yesterdays VAt and VAb for TF. For those interested here it is:

VAT=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dVa lueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2). VAt[1];
                VAB=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dVa lueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2). VAb[1];

The problem I'm having now is accessing the devloping Value area high and low. I tried using eVAop and an error came up and said "cannot be accessed due to its protection level". I did see this defined in the variables. Please see code below:

VATT=dValueArea(false,6,30,0.7,2,2,_dValueEnums.dV alueAreaTypes.VWTPO,0,100,1,6.75,true,300,false,2) .eVAtop[0];

Any ideas on this would be appreciated.

Thanks
                DJ

Comment

djkiwi,

Think the easy way would be to setup 2 more plots and set those to equal the evolving variables in OnBarUpdate (like where RtPOC is being set... could probably just copy that code more or less). That would also get you historical access for bars past. You could set color to transparent so they don't show on screen or such.

There is a way or 2 to "publish" the existing variabls for external access, but it's about the same work as the plots, and you would also need to setup new dataseries variables anyway if you wanted previous bar data, I think. Off hand, don't remember the details on that.

Hope that helps!

Dean.

Comment

Is there anyway i can hide the price bars so i only see the volume histogram?

Comment

Quick way could be to set dataseries to Line on Close and make color Transparent.

Could be other ways.

Comment

i thought that was the way to do it but then the histogram disapears bc the axis scaling on the chart changes to only 2 ticks wide for some reason. My Y axis top end is 1272.50 bottom end is 1272.00

Comment

Originally posted by tortexal View Post
                          i thought that was the way to do it but then the histogram disapears bc the axis scaling on the chart changes to only 2 ticks wide for some reason. My Y axis top end is 1272.50 bottom end is 1272.00
                          Change to HiLo, OHLC or Box price display, and make the colors transparent. You must have a range of bar type of display in order to display TPO or volume distribution. Just think about it.

Comment

nah its still out of wack. this is NT 7 btw
                            Attached Files

Comment

transparent color vs non
                              Attached Files

Comment

On the indicator, try seting Auto Scale to True. Should then scale the plots and get you in the park.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                                Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                                7 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB