ATR on Price Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATR on Price Chart

Has there been an indicator developed that allows you to put the ATR value on the Price Chart?

boseman, I apologize if this isn't what you're looking for but NinjaTrader comes with a built-in ATR indicator.

Please let me know if you're looking for something else.
    Attached Files
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I was looking for it to be able to place the ATR in the panel with the price. It would be nice to have it act like a channel so that a line would be above and below the price.

Comment

You could take a look at the regular Keltner's or Bollinger Band indicators for this type of channel.

Keltner's would use the ATR as factor to add, while Bollinger's are based on Standard Deviations.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Using the Keltner Channel does not give me the same results that I am looking for. I guess I can try to program the indicator myself if I can figure out how to program. I have the Tradestation version for this indicator. Is there anyway to transfer it to something I can use in Ninja?

Comment

You would need to convert the code to your NinjaScript language then, or post it here so members could take a look and give it a go...for our indicator coding tutorials please check into this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...verview18.html

Perhaps there's already a script in our sharing that comes close to what you need, or at least give you a good starting point to develop your own - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...rch=ATR&desc=1

Comment

I tried to upload the .eld file for someone to look at but this forum thread will not allow it. What should I do?

Comment

Perhaps it's too big, please try to upload it as rar or zip.

Comment

Did this question get answered as boseman requested before I go off and create an indicator that does this function?

Comment

Hello morrnel,

Thanks for your post.

As this thread was opened 11 years ago, the links are no longer valid and I am unsure if the OP would respond.

I do not know if this was resolved for NinjaTrader7 by the OP.

I would suggest looking through the NT user apps in the NinjaTrader ecosystem. If the OP ever posted in the old Ninjascript files section, it would have been moved to the NT user apps and also would have been converted to NinjaTrader8.

Here is a link to the NT user apps: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/user-app-share/ Please note: The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by dappa, Today, 09:18 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post dappa
                    by dappa

Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
                    4 responses