Ed's Renko does not work with 6J?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ed's Renko does not work with 6J?

I am wondering if there might be a bug in the code for Ed's Renko bars related to the fact that 6J (Japanese Yen futures) are quoted to one significant digit further than any other contract. I looked at the code and there is a part in there where it multiplies the price by 10000 to do some type of check, but I am not that familiar with how Renko bars are constructed so I can't really determine is this is the issue or not.

Every time I try to load a chart with 6J on it with Ed's Renko bars, it is blank... every other instrument works. 6J also just works fine with every other bar type. Can someone with a bit more experience in how these bars are constructed take a quick look at the code, and/or has anyone else noticed this issue?

P.S. I downloaded another Renko chart type with a slightly different implementation called SbSRenko, and it does work with 6J. This seems to be looking more and more like a bug in the code for Ed's version...
    Last edited by JS999; 11-27-2009, 12:25 AM.

JS999, I would suggest contacting the author of the indicator/bar type. Or maybe some community members will be willing to help out.

If you've looked at the code and think you know where the error stems from, you could always try to fix it and if that doesn't work just download the indicator/bar type again.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I spoke to Ed, the creator of this bar type, and he confirmed that it was a bug related to the decimal places in 6J. He sent me an updated version of the code, which I have attached to this post. He claims that he couldn't post to the NinjaScript forums, so if someone from NT wants to post it go ahead... now it works with 6J.

You can find a link to Ed's blog here as well for discussion on the indicator:

Attached Files
      Last edited by JS999; 11-29-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

JS999, Ed, thanks for the update.
        AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by JS999 View Post
          He claims that he couldn't post to the NinjaScript forums, so if someone from NT wants to post it go ahead... now it works with 6J.
          It seems like they've fixed the ninjascrip forum for uploading updated ninjascripts, so I have uploaded the new version there now. Previously, the indicator category section was missing choices, causing a pop-up to complain which prevented the upload.

Comment

NT 7 Version Please / Ed's Renko

Originally posted by edsfreedom View Post
            It seems like they've fixed the ninjascrip forum for uploading updated ninjascripts, so I have uploaded the new version there now. Previously, the indicator category section was missing choices, causing a pop-up to complain which prevented the upload.
            Ed , I hope your still subscribed to this thread . I'm pretty sure there was a way to get
            you renko bar type working on NT 7 . I've hunted high and low ,but can't find the answer .
            Could you please post the edit / work around or E'ds Renko NT7 .zip ? It's the only
            range type bar I'm interested in . Thank you .

Comment

yes, i´d like too

Comment

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure what Renko bars are available for NT7 other than the default one that is provided by NT, but I have created a Renko for NT7 I call the LogikRenko. Its very versatile, giving the option to enable / disable many features. If you're interested check it out at www.purelogiktrading.com --> products --> LogikRenko.
                mrlogik
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Purelogik Trading

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post aussugardefender  
                Started by pvincent, 06-23-2022, 12:53 PM