Collapse

All GomRecorder Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gomifromparis could you be so kind to help me?
    I'm using GomVolumeProfile and GomVolume Ladder simultaneously. The longest bar in the GomVolumeProfile histogram very rarely is on the same price as the longest bar in GomVolumeLadder (set on TotalVolume).
    Thanks very much in advance

Comment

could you post a chart ?

Comment

Here you are Click image for larger version

Name:	gomi profile.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	858742

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
          Is GomCDMA working ?
          Thank you for the response Gomi.

Yes GomCDMA is working. When I place it on a chart and do the Task Manager Application window test and recalc with F5 it is fine.

However, if I put GomCDMA on the same chart twice (usng 2 MA's), then press F5, I will get a "Not Responding" hiccup. Of course, this compounds to longer pauses when configured over multiple charts.

Comment

Could it be because the volume profile reinits on each beginning of session and ladder doesn't ?

Did you try setting reinit session to false in the volumeprofile ?

Originally posted by Flyingscots View Post
            Here you are [ATTACH]14805[/ATTACH]

Comment

Gomi, could the problem arise around line 90 in GomVolumeProfile when we receive the price from the recorder? What if the price doesn't match exactly the tick? Wouldn't it be better to round the price? I haven't investigated in depth yet because you can sort it out quicker.

Comment

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
                Could it be because the volume profile reinits on each beginning of session and ladder doesn't ?

Did you try setting reinit session to false in the volumeprofile ?
                I tried that but to no avail. Furthermore I need them both to start on each beginning of session. Could also let me know whether I'm doing well setting the ladder in this way : Calculation mode = UpDownTick ; Calculate on bar close = False; Ladder Type= TotalVolume; Accumulation Type= ZeroDay; Accumulation Days= 0 and the Volume Profile like this : Reinit Session= True (As I said before I tried also with False); Calculation on bar close = False.

Comment

could be. I've seen problems with instrument with "small values" like fgbl.
                  Could you try this one ?

Gomi, could the problem arise around line 90 in GomVolumeProfile when we receive the price from the recorder? What if the price doesn't match exactly the tick? Wouldn't it be better to round the price? I haven't investigated in depth yet because you can sort it out quicker.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I'll give it a try. Actually FGBL is one of the instruments I work with. I will let you know. Thanks very much for your quick reply.

Comment

Gomi, sorry to bother you but I'm a newbie with NinjaTrader. I tried to compile the scrpt you sent me but I got the following errors: line 25 = The namespace 'NinjaTrader Indicator' already contains a definition for 'GomVolumeProfile' and in line 28 = The type 'NinjaTrader Indicator GomVolumeProfile' already contains a definition for 'VolumeInfoItem'.

Thanks again

Comment

Hi, you need to replace existing indicator in My Documents\ninja trader 7\bin\custom\indicators
                        Then you open it an recompile (F5)

Comment

This is exactly what I did. When I try to compile it I get the errors.

Comment

Did you actually replace it or rename the old one.? Because renaming won't be enough :NT will find it and you will end having 2 GomVolumeProfile and compilation problems.

Comment

I made it. Now I'll check it. I'll let you know. After a few minute (only) it looks like working.
                              I thank you very much indeed.
                              Do you have any plan to create a PVP dynamic indicator? I mean something that starting at the beginning of the session draws a line on the price where the max volume is and changes along the session.

Comment

I made it. Now I'll check it. I'll let you know. After a few minute (only) it looks like working. .
                                Any news ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                                2 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                                Started by adeelshahzad, Today, 03:54 AM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes