Collapse

All GomRecorder Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DeltaIndicator is a super class and shouldn't be instantiated on a chart ;-)

Comment

super class indicator

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
      Ok, I'll bite, please explain what you mean by "super class".

Comment

it's the mother class of the recording, delta calculating indicators. But it's not an indicator per se.

Comment

how to see the DeltaIndicator

Originally posted by gomifromparis View Post
          I've tried everything I can think of to see the DeltaIndicator but without success. Can someone please share with me how this is to be viewed?
          Thanks

Comment

you guys have to learn to use the search function and most of your questions will be answered.

Comment

Originally posted by playafh69 View Post
              you guys have to learn to use the search function and most of your questions will be answered.
              Thanks for the advice playafh69. I did an advanced search on deltaindicator and only came up with the last several posts which don't answer the question.

Comment

Well your answer is actually above your post. He said that its "not" an indicator and you should "not" put it in your chart. Its basically a code for the bid ask delta indicator, called gom cd.... It accesses these files in order for the CD delta to work... All the indicators that you can throw on you chart in on the very first post of this thread.... For example, you don't put gomrecorderindicator on your charts,,,, It does this automatically....

Again these are all described on the very first post of this thread..

Indicators you "can throw on your charts"
                GomVWAP
                GomVolumeProfile
                GomCD
                GomCDSMA
                GomCDHA

see, you didn't even have to use the search function :-)
                Last edited by playafh69; 07-08-2010, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I'm trying to use the GOM Delta Volume indicator inside one of my indicators. Is this possible? Or do I need to make my indicator a subclass of GOM Delta Volume?

I'm trying to use it like i'd use any other indicator:

Code:
                  private GomDeltaVolume delta;
                  delta = GomDeltaVolume();
                  Print(Time[0] + " " + delta.UpVolume[0] + " - " + delta.DownVolume[0]);
                  it prints zero for every value. The indicator works properly on my chart.

Any ideas? I know I can subclass GomDeltaVolume (or copy it and hack it) but I was hoping I could use it by composition.

Thanks

Comment

Reading this thread, I see a lot buzz and technical info on how to install these indicators etc. Has anyone actually identified any usable setups using these indicators and are successfully trading them to make money?

Comment

monpere,

I use two of these indicators on a daily basis and have found them very helpful as a way to improve my win percentage as well as my average profit per trade. I can't comment on how anyone else uses them, but I've found value using them as confirming indicators.

I don't use them to generate setups per se, but rather to filter out the lower percentage setups generated by my trading methodology.

Please allow me to explain. I have a handful of setups that I use on a daily basis. I use Cumulative Delta and the SMA of Cumulative Delta to determine order flow. I only take setups generated by my trading methodology that are in agreement with order flow.

I miss a few good trades by only trading in the direction of the current order flow, but I avoid a lot more bad trades by not trading against order flow.

Hope this helps

Comment

Install Gom Indicators 1.4

Hello,

as I received a hint from NinjaSupport referring my computer ressources I have installed NT7 now on another newer computer. But when I want to install Gom Indicators I can only do 1.3 but not 1.4 or MP2.1. As there appears the message again. When I do compiling any strategy in the analyzer there appears no error. (Morover there is no other strategy than the original ones from Ninja Installation).

Thanks in advance.
                        Tony

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                        Tony, this means you would need to check into your present NinjaScript studies and see which ones are giving issues compiling - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ead.php?t=4678

Comment

Hello,

I found the solution in the forum --> first to install 1.3b and afterwards 3[1].4.

Best
                          Tony

Comment

Originally posted by monpere View Post
                            Reading this thread, I see a lot buzz and technical info on how to install these indicators etc. Has anyone actually identified any usable setups using these indicators and are successfully trading them to make money?
                            plenty of people on bigmiketrading forum show usable setups with gomcd.

Comment

Gomi, how the latest tick and volume is synchronized with the current ask and bid values ?

Is there any possibility that the used ask/bid are not the values what they were exactly at the same time when tick/volume happened ?

I think this may be very much data source related but can you explaing something in this?

SG

Comment

Originally posted by ScalpGuy View Post
                                [...]

I think this may be very much data source related but can you explaing something in this?

SG
                                Sure! If you couple Zenfire with Gomcd is different than using DTN IQfeed, for example; the latter being better.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by ursavent, Today, 12:54 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post ursavent  
                                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby