All GomRecorder Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A problem with the GOM Delta Momentum Indicator

I have recently discovered a strange thing with the GOM Delta Momentum Indicator. Once a new bar starts, the GOMDM indicator does not reset to zero, but takes the value of the previous bar's GOMDM indicator value.

I have attached a picture to demonstrate the problem. You can see the GOMDM indicator has the value of 544k. Total volume was 275k. I have observed this many times...

Any ideas?

Thank you very much in advance! I appreciate any support! Thanks!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi
      I know im a little behind the times, but is there a way to make it so that the Gom data doesn't dissapear when you change something on the chart? Its annoying losing days of data when you accidentally change the timeframe on the chart or something.
      Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by subterfuge View Post
        Hi
        I know im a little behind the times, but is there a way to make it so that the Gom data doesn't dissapear when you change something on the chart? Its annoying losing days of data when you accidentally change the timeframe on the chart or something.
        Cheers.

Comment

The data shouldn't disappear. That's the whole point of the GOM Recorder. If your data vanishes when you make a change to the chart then you must not be saving the data. Do you have the "Write Data" option set to TRUE?

Comment

Originally posted by subterfuge View Post
            Hi
            Cheers.
            I think is better if u read the Thead from the beginnig and u will understand how to .
            Lubo.

Comment

GOM Recorder

This is a major flaw of Ninja Trader. You must use the Gom Recorder for most indicators and the Zondor Recorder for DOM data. (See Big Mike's and look at the Elite Downloads section for postings by Gomi, Zondor and ZTR) or the data disappears.

Now I understand why NT has not done this, but once 7 is in production. I hope that RayD will consider negotiating with Gomi and Zondor for including persistent indicators as part of the Ninja Trader architecture.
              Last edited by ZTR; 10-14-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZTR View Post
                This is a major flaw of Ninja Trader. You must use the Gom Recorder for most indicators and the Zondor Recorder for DOM data. (See Big Mike's and look at the Elite Downloads section for postings by Gomi, Zondor and ZTR) or the data disappears.

Now I understand why NT has not done this, but once 7 is in production. I hope that RayD will consider negotiating with Gomi and Zondor for including persistent indicators as part of the Ninja Trader architecture.
                If Ninja would make bid & ask data an integral part of their data then that would be a big step. Investor RT has done this for a long time now. Tradestation as well (using uptick/downtick as a proxy for bid/ask). Ninja is a bit behind the times.

Comment

I have been running tests on the GomIndicatorRecorder for the past week.

If I can resolve some issues, I'm planning to convert all my volume indicators over to Gom format.

There are no remarks in the file header as to version or date last updated.

Can anyone confirm that the zip file on post 1 of this thread on the forum contains the latest version of the recorder?

post 1 says last update on 03/28/2010. is this the latest??

Has anyone tested the MilliSec timedate time stamp to confirm it displays milliseconds??

Thanks,

RJay
                  RJay
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
                    I have been running tests on the GomIndicatorRecorder for the past week.

If I can resolve some issues, I'm planning to convert all my volume indicators over to Gom format.

There are no remarks in the file header as to version or date last updated.

Can anyone confirm that the zip file on post 1 of this thread on the forum contains the latest version of the recorder?

post 1 says last update on 03/28/2010. is this the latest??

Has anyone tested the MilliSec timedate time stamp to confirm it displays milliseconds??

Thanks,

RJay

No RJay, the last recorder with milliseconds is only on BMT http://www.bigmiketrading.com/ninjatrader-programming/1335-using-onmarketdata-historical-data-recording-engine-4.html#post44653.

Lubo.

Comment

Hello guys,
                      I have attached a snapshot of the indicator I am looking for. Guessing by its' name it seems it's one of gomifromparis's indicators. Does anyone know where I can find this indicator ?
                      Attached Files

Comment

I'm guessing this is GomMP, a market profile indicator

There is a public beta version here
                        Gomi I am new to the room. I am very fond of MP charts. When I saw your post was very impressed with your work. Thank You for sharing. I have a little problem. I down loaded the Gom Package and the mp 1.5 but I do not see any profile on my chart just the candles. I don't know if I get bid/ask data. I am using TD Ameritrade and am using a SPY chart. Any help would be greatly appreciated. tomcav Same here on NT 7.0.0.21, I installed GOM Package, I also installed GomCD which is working fine. then installed …

The final version is here in elite memebership section
                        Could someone be so kind as to refresh my memory of whether using ninjatickfile or binary to draw the profile and which is the better of the two to use on GomMp? I had a long term volume profile (1000 days) set to ninjatickfile , I have had it set that way for a couple years now. It has always worked well untill recently it wont draw the profile and its just blank. If i change to days down from 1000 to 100 then it will draw it but anything over that it wont. Not sure what it could be but maybe corrupt ninjatickfiles …

It's based on Gom files so it operates tick by tick.

You can draw daily profiles, bar profiles, color by time, by delta, apply some smoothing, draw POC, VAH, VAL and VWAP, and there is an option to automatically draw HVN/LVN. And other stuff ...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Gomi.
                          They look like very cool indicators .
                          I'll definitely try them.

Comment

Originally posted by Flyingscots View Post
                            I use NT7 b21 with Zen-Fire. I have a question about the volume in Gomi's indicators. I use GomVolumeProfile and GomVolume Ladder simultaneously. The longest bar in the GomVolumeProfile histogram very rarely is on the same price as the longest bar in GomVolumeLadder (set on TotalVolume). Furthermore if I add all the volume values shown by the GomVolumeladder I do not get the same value as the total volume in the Market Analyzer. Could someone be so kind to help me?

I have same problem: gomi Volume profile is not same like the gomi volume ladder, so PVP are different.

Comment

I've been getting a "Not Responding" problem in Ninja b22 when the Gomi data is used as input to another indicator (like the SMA - not when using it strictly as Cumu or Delta). On a chart with several indicators including a Gomi-fed indicator, I bring up Task Manager Applications window, then press F5 to recalc and will get a period of "Not Responding". If I remove the Gomi-fed indicator and recalc, I do not get this message.

I have removed the recorded Gomi data file (on local C: drive) from any anti-virus scan or file indexing to eliminate access conflicts. Only 1 vanilla Gomi indicator on another chart is doing recording, so no conflicts there either. The problem persists however.

Has anyone else run across this?
                              Last edited by Tarkus11; 10-24-2010, 02:40 PM.

Comment

Is GomCDMA working ?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
                                5 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                                Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
                                2 responses