Collapse

All GomRecorder Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I have no volume bars whatsoever on either chart.

Comment

Check Ninja log tab

Comment

Thank you for your response. I was expecting to hear back from one of the NT techs. I'm attaching my NT log. It's also worth noting that the CD shows up on my minute chart. However, if I just click anywhere on the chart, or move it all the way back in time (about 5 days), it disappears and I have to reload historical data to get it back. Is it possible to maintain the Delta_UpDown? It goes away anytime the chart is reloaded. I'd really like to get all of this working correctly, as I can see the benefit of it. For some reason, my DX chart is having a particularly difficult time just maintaining the CD. TIA.
        Attached Files

Comment

the log tab is in the main window, next to "account performance"

Comment

Thank you for your response. I believe this is what you're looking for. I did try to follow the instructions in the tutorial at Big Mike's on creating a folder for the data, but this stuff is just way over my head, sadly.
            Attached Files

Comment

I did try to set up the environmental variables per the tutorial.
              Attached Files

Comment

Here are pics of my chart after I switched from 1 minute to 2 minutes. You can see how I lost some, but not all, of the CD, and all of the Delta Volume bars. And here are the settings on my GomRecorderIndicator.

Thank you for your help.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here are my settings for the CD. I'd like for this to reflect the current session only.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are some more error messages in the log. The loss of CD data may correlate with adding the GomRecorderIndicator. Sorry to inundate you with all this info. I just really want to get it all straightened out. I appreciate any info you can give to help.
                    Attached Files

Comment

The message "could not find part of the path" in yellow seems pretty much self-explanatory to me... Did you actually read it ? If creating folders is "way over your head", why are you doing it ? You don't have to use the environment varaibles, they're for advance users that want the files in an other location than the default "My Documents" folder.

On another side, the charts you show that keep data are using the "NinjaTickFile" format that reads ninja ntd files directly, but they are unable to provide the bid/ask info needed by the delta, so unless you're willing to use the updowntick mode, it's pretty much useless for the delta. Are you actually aware of this ?

Comment

I suppose it's self-explanatory for someone well versed in computer code. I'm asking for help because, obviously, I'm not. Creating folders is not way over my head but getting these indicators to work properly apparently is. I just need a little help. I'm not an idiot.

I've removed the GomFolder and the Environmental Variable. The data is/was being stored in the My Documents folder. Apparently, the problem is that I'm using the Ninja Tick Data, I guess because I was able to get at least the CD by using that. Perhaps I should just give up trying to get this work. I was hoping that a Ninja Trader tech could give me some simple instructions on how to get it to work properly. I've always been able to do these things in the past. This one is just exceptionally complicated.

I'll keep playing with the indicators and see what I can do. Thanks for your help.

Comment

There is no such thing as an environmental variable. It is called an environment variable.This kind of sloppiness is symptomatic of why you are having trouble.PAY ATTENTION.

An environment variable has two properties, a NAME and a VALUE. The problem you have is obviously that the VALUE of your Gomfolder environment variable is not valid. The value property of the EV must be a valid windows path that leads to a folder. DID YOU CREATE A FOLDER to be the destination for the path of the EV? (Note: The Name of the EV must be Gomfolder but the name of the destination folder can be any valid windows folder name, and to avoid confusion, should NOT be Gomfolder.)

If you cannot set up the Gomfolder environment variable correctly, DELETE IT and just let the recorders save files to the default MyDocuments location.

Create a separate workspace for GomRecorder charts. In that workspace create one chart for each instrument for which you wish to have bid ask data. Make each chart a 200 tick chart with default 24/7 session and 100 bars back. For each of these charts add only one indicator, the GomRecorderIndicator, keeping all the default settings EXCEPT set Write Data = true.
                          Make sure that this workspace is running each time you start Ninjatrader. With it running, you will now have access to bid ask data on charts in other workspaces for those instruments that have recorder charts in the Recorders workspace.
                          Last edited by Ricam; 11-14-2011, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I've never experienced this level of hostility here before. Sloppiness? Over two little letters from someone who's not a computer expert? Would it make any difference if you knew you were speaking to a woman? Or would it just confirm your sexism? As mentioned, I've already deleted the GomFolder.

Thanks for your help, Ricam. Although, it's really seeming that it may just be easier to switch over to Investor RT.

Comment

Hi Gomi,

Since you are the expert of handling bid/ask information let me ask a question.

BTW, I use your CD and ladder with great appreciation.

All of your indicators (actually most of indicators) are based on what happened (traded).

I wonder if you could (you might have built this already and I'm missing it) build an indicator

to show what's CURRENTLY happening in orderbook by totaling bid side and ask side each

then subtract one from the other (say total bid - total ask).

And possibly record the data also.

Here's how it'll help in trading.

According to your CD there's a net buying of 10,000 contract around certain price level and

price's pulling back to the level but the new indicator shows the increased activity in

bid side I think we can go long with more confidence.

You think it's practical?

Comment

See DomBandsHybrid indicator on Big Mike Trading. There was a version of the GomRecorder called ZondorRecorder2 that was customized to record Level 2 (order book) data. The ZondorRecorder2 allowed the DomBands indicator to backfill. But for some reason the recording does not work anymore, possibly because of a change that was made to one of the Ninjatrader 7 beta versions.

Last edited by Ricam; 11-18-2011, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Aviram Y  
                                Started by algospoke, 04-17-2024, 06:40 PM
                                3 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse