Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharing of Historical Data

Hi

I wonder if anyone share historical data on currency. I do search but i don't see anyone post historical data.

ok... seem like no one willing to share historical data... why not if i go get the historical data and put it up here for every one.. is it ok? or is there any rule that cannot put historical data?, can anyone enlighten me?

Xtrooper

Comment

Hello,

If you purchase it there may be restrictions againsted distrubuting it, also the file size may be too big for the forum.
      DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
        Hello,

If you purchase it there may be restrictions againsted distrubuting it, also the file size may be too big for the forum.
        Hi

As long as it is free, it will be ok right?. As for the file size, i think i can put a link here for all you guys to go. My idea is ' there is money everywhere in the world for us to earn, why not lets earn together'. I will start on it and put it here for everybody.

Comment

Hi everybody

This is what I done for now. Year 2009 data still in progress so please don't test to 2009. Although This set of data is i download from gaincapital for free and put it in week by week to NT and export it out. I am not responsible for any sort of failure and cost u guys to lose money so please check properly during backtest. If you guys find any error please highlight to me, I try to get it sort out. By the way i use this set of data to do backtest and running the strategies live so it should be a problem.

Please read the 'historical data content', it will tell you data is from which year to which year and also what is the missing data.

Lastly , kindly drop a post to me for aknowledegement so i be more encourage to do more!!..

here is the link

FileFactory is the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Send and receive any type of file up to a massive 5GB with unlimited file bandwidth.

Here is the instruction to downloading it

FileFactory is the best place to upload and share files with no limits since 2005. Send and receive any type of file up to a massive 5GB with unlimited file bandwidth.

Xtrooper
          Last edited by Xtrooper; 12-28-2009, 05:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks!

Thank you Xtrooper! I have been wanting this info but it takes soooooo long When IB says "Historical data limit Reached" and then its like it wants to start from scratch again. I look forwart to the 2009 data!

Comment

Originally posted by beezerlm View Post
              Thank you Xtrooper! I have been wanting this info but it takes soooooo long When IB says "Historical data limit Reached" and then its like it wants to start from scratch again. I look forwart to the 2009 data!

Hi

Actually some of the currency done up to May 09. You can see it from the content sheet. I use this data for testing my strategies too and seem ok. If u guys spotted anything, let me know.. I try to fix it.

Thanks for droping a msg.. I am encouraged!!.. i try to get more data and input!!! hee

Xtrooper

Comment

Hello Xtrooper,

these are very good, i'd like to ask: where are these GAIN Capital data from?

I only found these ones: http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/

These are tick datas, i downloaded all, but as i see it is too sticky to covert all files to NT import. Do you use the same datas or other source? (I'm not gaincapital custumer.)
                Last edited by tamas; 01-03-2010, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tamas View Post
                  Hello Xtrooper,

these are very good, i'd like to ask: where are these GAIN Capital data from?

I only found these ones: http://ratedata.gaincapital.com/

These are tick datas, i downloaded all, but as i see it is too sticky to covert all files to NT import. Do you use the same datas or other source? (I'm not gaincapital custumer.)
                  Yep.. I got it from there. It is because I need to do testing by number of years and I can't find any online. I know it the pain to look for it and i got no help at all. It is impossible to get live feed although i turn of my computer 24/7 runnin my strategies but i need the pass year data. I have to manually load it up and painfully master and do it. I wanna be the first lend a hand on historical data for people so other won't face the same problem.

I see the EURUSD is popular...I try to load it up to end 2009 by the end of this month first... I update as and when I complete.

Happy using the data!!

Xtrooper
                  Last edited by Xtrooper; 01-03-2010, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xtrooper View Post

Happy using the data!!
                    Would that be possible to upload the files to an other url (no filefactory.com ... eg. SkyDrive of the live.com or other)?

There are some whitch say "404 error" or "wait 752 sec for the beginning".

Comment

Sorry, not a 404 error, but dl018.filefactory.com server not respoding for a long time.

Comment

Sorry, not a 404 error, but dl018.filefactory.com server not respoding for a long time.
                        Can you send me a private message with your email, I send to you

Xtrooper

Comment

Hello,

Can you tell me what time zone that the data have been exported? What time zone is set on your PC? (GMT)

thank you

Comment

Hello,

Can you tell me what time zone that the data have been exported? What time zone is set on your PC? (GMT)

thank you
                            I am in Singapore so it will be +8

Comment

xtrooper, this is great stuff! will you be updating the txt files till end 2009?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by jbays87, Today, 09:46 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post jbays87
                              by jbays87

Started by popecapllc, 08-09-2023, 07:42 PM
                              9 responses
                              0 likes