Range Bar Timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range Bar Timer

Is there an indicator that displays how much time is currently taking a specified range bar to complete?

ie, the timer should display the current minutes/secs to complete a user defined range bar settings.

thanks !

Are you referring to the bar style Range Bars? If so there is no way to time them as they are built upon price movement. See your PM's.
    eDanny
    NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
      Are you referring to the bar style Range Bars? If so there is no way to time them as they are built upon price movement. See your PM's.

HHmmmm, there is such an indicator for the bar style range bars (ie. 4 range, 6 range etc...) Because I actually have this 3rd party indicator on lease. I just dont want to lease it anymore and just buy it. The company leases a package of indicators on monthly basis in his trader chat room, and are not for purchase, just lease.

I just want to purchase and not lease anymore and cancel the trading room.....

Comment

A 4 Range bar may take 2 seconds or much less to build and start the next bar in a fast market, or might take 20 minutes in a slow sideways market. How could that be timed?
        eDanny
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Integrity Traders

Comment

Originally posted by eDanny View Post
          A 4 Range bar may take 2 seconds or much less to build and start the next bar in a fast market, or might take 20 minutes in a slow sideways market. How could that be timed?

I have no clue how the code works, but I have it. Its great. This is the way I use it:

I typically use a 4 range bar setting with the timer. If it takes less than 2 minutes to form the bar (4 range), then I look for a trade. If it takes forever to form a bar (maybe over 3 minutes), then I back off and dont trade in the slow market.

Its a great indicator. The timer is in minutes/secs. (ie. 5.81 minutes, 2.15 minutes etc...)

Can you code this? if so, ill buy from you asap.....

Comment

Originally posted by marker View Post
            I have no clue how the code works, but I have it. Its great. This is the way I use it:

I typically use a 4 range bar setting with the timer. If it takes less than 2 minutes to form the bar (4 range), then I look for a trade. If it takes forever to form a bar (maybe over 3 minutes), then I back off and dont trade in the slow market.

Its a great indicator. The timer is in minutes/secs. (ie. 5.81 minutes, 2.15 minutes etc...)

Can you code this? if so, ill buy from you asap.....

Here is a sample chart that has the BarTimer on the bottom panel.
            It is a current chart of the ES on a 4 Range Bar. The timer indicates it is taking 120.95 minutes to form a bar (4 Range). So this tells me the ES market is very slow and I dont trade it.....
            Attached Files

Comment

Check this out:
              http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...d=1&linkid=230

Comment

Originally posted by tickling View Post

thanks tickling!

problem solved!!!!!!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post