iMarketProfile1_65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hegh2000,

Can u let me know how to email the writer of dvaluearea indicator? May be u can answer or forward to the dvaluearea guy. Question is - can he have the developing dynamically show as the day progresses the POC, VaH and VaL? It only shows as horizontal lines (3) as day progresses without showing the curve dynamically as the day progresses.

Thx Sam

Comment

Originally posted by hegh2000 View Post
      hi arorts,

can you test it and tell me if this version fixes your problem ?
      Hello hegh200,

Great improvement! I think the color bleed disappeared. However, I'd like to let you know my following observations:

a) The various data points don't seem to show in the Data Box even when the 'Display Data in Data box' variable is set to 'True'. (They always show 'N/A') as I mouse over any market profile bar.

b) The TPO letters still show unreadable. Note: this occurs even if I increase the font size to 10, 20, etc.Doesn't seem to matter. It just shows a larger black bar...

Please note that the letter issue happens only on certain stocks: with 'C' stock the letters show correctly but with 'AAPL' stock they don't. I think this is perhaps related to the price scale of the stock. However, both stocks trade the same exact market hours and should have the same exact number of letters in any given trading session so not sure how to prevent this issue.

c) It doesn't show the POC, Value area high and value area low Plots :the horizontal lines that should show next to each profile. I enabled them in the 'Plots' menu but they don't show even if I increase the line width.

(See attached screenshot).

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot!

Best,
      arorts
      Attached Files
      Last edited by arorts; 01-18-2011, 11:51 PM. Reason: (Added screenshot.)

Comment

hi,

As I said in my previous post, on some instruments, there is a lot too TPO. Letters will be unusable because they are too close.
        For Values in Data-Box, norrmal, they are not shown in Type = 1.

Comment

hi,

As I said in my previous post, on some instruments, there is a lot too TPO. Letters will be unusable because they are too close.
          I see. What about the missing horizontal lines of the item C) I described previously? :
          "It doesn't seem to show the POC, Value area high and value area low Plots: the horizontal lines that should show next to each profile. I enabled them in the 'Plots' menu but they don't show even if I increase the line width."

Another thing you might want to consider for the weekly profile, instead of showing a different color for each day, it could show the same color family but using different gradients. For example, dark red might indicate Monday as the oldest day, then gradually transition to light red then to orange and then yellow. That way it'd probably be easier to follow than having a completely different color for each day of the week...

Just some thoughts...

Thanks!!

Comment

can you post a screen please ?

Comment

can you post a screen please ?
              Hi,
              It's the same image I had posted before. Attached here as well...
              Hope that helps...

Thanks!!
              Attached Files

Comment

iMP1_7_1b Not wroking

Hello,

Im new user to NT7, tried iMP2_7 but NT used to crash, so then i tried iMP1_7_1b ...this is what looks like.. see attached image
                what im doing wrong ?
                plz help

Regards
                Attached Files

Comment

hi,

have you tried V2 (iMarketProfile2_7) ?

Comment

Hello,
                    hegh2000

"tried iMP2_7 but NT used to crash,"

but got it working now, Changed Tick size from 0.05 to 0.5..
                    however im still not getting TPOs, even after changing Tick Size to 5.
                    generally daily change in NIFTYF1(index future India) is 1% or above ..tick size increment is 0.05..so do we need any changes in code.
                    charts attached...

Thanks n Regards,
                    Mercury
                    Attached Files

Comment

hegh2000,

Settings - TYPE

IB extensions do not plot unless TYPE = 1.TYPE = 2 and 3 it doesn't draw IB's at all.

TYPE = 1. It shows the VAH, VAL and POC as text and profile painted with colors. TYPE = 2 and 3, it draws lines across for VAH, VAL & POC with text but now doesn't paint the profile with colors and is lost visually.

1. It would be great to have as in TYPE = 1 with all IB's shown (profile painted with colors) and with VAH, VAL and POC as in TYPE = 2 and 3 - lines with text drawn across the profile. This would make it a great tool.
                      2. Also, intraday as profile levels are calculated ie Developing Market Profile, we can have levels drawn as lines with text across the profile (painted with colors). If it shows the real time curve (levels VAH, VAL, POC) as it develops instead of just one horizontal line for each, it will be truly excellent.

The dvaluearea indicator does the draw the VAH, VaL and POC as lines across the profile with text, however, doesn't draw the IB extensions which is excellent with the I_MarketProfile.

The dvaluearea indicator does draw the Developing Profile but doesn't dynamically show the VAH, VAL and POC as the curve develops - just shows horizontal lines av VAH, VAL and POC and that doesn't indicate how the trail - actual levels are moving intraday.

So with features as in # 1 and # 2 above (in bold) incorporated in I_MarketProfile, it will be an excellent tool. At least I am hoping that we can get # 1 incorporated.

Thanks Sam
                      Last edited by sam777; 03-15-2011, 07:06 PM.

Comment

hi,

* can your indicator be used in market analyer?

Comment

hi mystiq,

i've never tried.

Comment

Hi heg I get following errror when I try to import indi

Import failed.The NinjaScript Archive File may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive
                            regards
                            nh

Comment

hi,

with which version ?

- indicator
                              - NT
                              - OS

Comment

hi,

with which version ?

- indicator
                                - NT
                                - OS
                                iMarketProfile1_7
                                iMarketProfile2_7

Microsoft Windows XP
                                Professional
                                Version 2002
                                Service Pack 2

NT 7.0.0.20

When I import Indicator I get following error

HTML Code:
                                Import failed.The NinjaScript Archive File may contain  duplicate method  names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing  on either your PC or in the import archive

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post tradingnasdaqprueba  
                                Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post aa731