iMarketProfile1_65

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi,

if Profile = 0, you do the profile, no additional info.
    Set Profile = 1, you'll have the rest

Comment

iMarketProfile2_7 (V2)

hello,

I edited a new version (V2):

iMarketProfile2_7

Read the first to for details of settings and changes.

I tried to take into account a maximum of requests and suggestions to the thread.

Adrien
      Attached Files
      Last edited by hegh2000; 01-03-2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Compressed Letters

Hi hegh2000,

Thanks a lot for your awesome job.
        I'm trying to plot a stock and have a couple of questions:

a) Should I use the time of the stock exchange it trades (i.e. AAPL would trade in NYSE @ 9:30 or should I use my local zone time in the Pacific Time Zone: 6:30 )?

b) The TPO letters seem extremely busy/compressed and they render unreadable even if I don't use candlestick but regular bars. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong but no matter what letter size I use, it displays as the attached image.

Thanks for your feedback!!
        Attached Files

Comment

hi,

LocalTime is always being used.
          For Letter Size adjusts the size of the letters.
          The V2 offers more possibilities than the V1 (the one you are currently using).

Comment

hegh2000,

For Ver. 7 - Can u please tell me which is the latest version of market profile to download and explanation (write-up) I am very familiar with profile and when I saw the very first post, I got a very good idea of what it does and it is excellent as I have used one from fin-alg.

Thx Sam

Comment

Package_7 containing:

iMarketProfile1_7
              iMarketProfile2_7

the latest is :

iMarketProfile2_7

for explanations, you will find the first post

Comment

Hi hegh2000,

Thx and I downloaded the indicator and played with the parameters. I plotted ES chart and issues as follows:

With Daily and as follows:

1. With Mode=0 and Type = 1, the POC,VaH, VaL - for current day (friday in this case) is closer to the Thursday's Profile and Thursday's same closer to Wednesday's.......This causes confusion with the display. Can we offset the text so that it is to the right of the profile? I tried under Settings:POC & VA text with Width = 0 (current). I tried putting numbers but didn't work. What are we supposed to do with Width parameter if that is what takes care of the issue?
                2. In Type=1, is it possible to have lines drawn along with the text to the right of the profile for POC, VaH and VaL?
                3. With Mode=0 and Type=3, it works great but loose profile. However, lines and text are aligned to the right.
                4. IB Extensions: Persistent (says all IB extension days) = True draws all IB and False = Current Day. I tried False but wouldn't draw IB Extensions for current day. In other words False doesn't work only TRUE works and draws current and previous days IB Extensions.Is there a way to just have IB Extensions for the current day as extensions for previous days just adds lot of clutter.
                5. Extension Multiplier 1-4. What do these relate to 50%, 100%, 150%, 200% or some other percentages. I remember some where in the posts reading these percentages but couldn't locate that post. Would be nice if u add that to post #1. It says one can change the multipliers - so if 250% would that be multiplier 2.5 as an example?
                6. I also see some numbers just above the profile - 5 (Friday), 1 (Thursday), 11 (Wednesday) - what do they represent? Are these Rotation Factor numbers and how are these numbers to be read? ie 5, 1, 11 in this example?
                7. The bull/bear count at the top within brackets is fine. The number outside the bracket is that the total TPO count. In Friday's case we have 209(123/64)?.
                8. In the profile itself (colors) POC = Red - I see a wide horizontal bar ie instead of one price, I see it over few ticks almost 4 ticks on Friday. Likewise, Thursday.
                9. Volume numbers at the bottom -- there are two. Which one is which?

Now with 2 profiles and as follows:

1. I plotted 2 profiles on the same chart (obviously with different colors) - weekly and daily. The numbers really get very confusing to decipher due to the way they are displayed. Also, unable to change the colors/size of the numbers and be able to distinguish that way as in Daily.
                2. Likewise, plotted monthly and weekly on the same chart and same issues as in Daily.

Please excuse me, if I have asked redundant questions as today is my very first time with this indicator and may not have fully understood the parameters - did what I understood based on the explanation of the parameters.

I like the indicator functionality wise and just needs more refinement cosmetically

Thx Sam
                Last edited by sam777; 01-09-2011, 02:00 PM.

Comment

hi,

with a screen, I'll understand better.

for profile:

Left to Right = text appears to the left
                  Right to Left = text appears on the right

for Number:

Factor rotation

For IB:

if Persistent = false

normal CurrentDay has no meaning on Saturday or Sunday, try today

Comment

Hegh2000, Thx for the reply. Refer my post #202

1. I tried under Settings:POC & VA text with Width = 0 (current). I tried putting numbers but didn't work. What should I put for Width parameter?

2. Is it possible to have lines drawn along with the text to the right of the profile for POC, VaH and VaL? It helps with Candlestick chart with lines across the chart like IB Extension.

3. Extension Multiplier 1-4. What do these relate to 50%, 100%, 150%, 200% or some other percentages.

4. Rotation Factor numbers how to interpret the numbers - ex. say 12 v/s 7 ........

5. In the profile POC = Red - I see a wide horizontal bar few ticks wide instead of one price. Ex ES today has POC = 1264, however, the profile shows RED over 4 ticks (green/red/orange profile)

6. Volume numbers at the bottom -- there are two. Which one is which?

You can try as attaching image doesn't make much sense. Just try the parameters I have indicated and you will see.

Thx Sam
                    Last edited by sam777; 01-10-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Width parameter lets you adjust the distance of text from the profile, it can not move the text of another side of the profile.

lines for the moment not.

For extensions, I left the choice to users.

for volume, left volume avg, right, current volume

Comment

Originally posted by hegh2000 View Post
                        hi,

LocalTime is always being used.
                        For Letter Size adjusts the size of the letters.
                        The V2 offers more possibilities than the V1 (the one you are currently using).
                        Hello:

I played around with the settings of Profile version 2_7 to make it work and I noticed the following:

a) That the profile colors run all the way down beyond low of the day
                        b) If I just switch to a different stock with a higher price, the profile gets corrected but the letters become unreadable no matter what font size I use, in the attached file I increased the font size since to various sizes but it always looked like a black bar..

Please see attached images...any thoughts?

Thank you,
                        Attached Files

Comment

hi,

given the large number of TPO, it is very difficult to obtain letters correctly visible, you can try one or two profiles, but I'm not sure.

By cons, for the colors, there's a real problem.
                          Unfortunately, I can not reproduce the same.
                          Look in Session Manager, see the schedule of the instrument.

Comment

Market Profile

Hello -

Am I missing something here? Is there supposed to be a file to download with the indicators? I can't seem to find a link here or on Big Mike.

Thanks,
                            Dave

Comment

hi arorts,

can you test it and tell me if this version fixes your problem ?
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by hegh2000; 01-13-2011, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Link

Thank you very much Hegh2000, for the link to the indicators.
                                Dave

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by Mizzouman1, Today, 07:35 AM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post Mizzouman1  
                                Started by i019945nj, 12-14-2023, 06:41 AM
                                6 responses