TRO Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TRO_SM_Control_PMSM6_Pop

Has anyone been able to get the TRO_SM_Control_PMSM6_Pop to work in NT7, it doesn't seem to be working properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by jersey; 10-21-2010, 02:58 AM.

Comment

Welcome to our forums - what errors are you getting? Are those compile errors? Our code breaking changes going from 6.5 to 7 can be studied here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=21016
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've really abandoned this indicator for months now, 'cos it won't work on NT7; but your request prompted me to set it up again and see what I can make of it once again; and, "phewwwwwwwww !!!", it just works (see my attached screenshot) on my NT7b21; but not until I set the "Data Series ---> Period based on" to LAST instead of BID that I have all my charts set to.

Attached Files

Comment

omololu:

Thank You for your help, the indicator seems to be working but keeps freezing my chart. Would you know off hand what the criteria is that is applied to this indicator for the major, minors etc. to change, there is very little info for this indicator out there. Thanks again

Comment

Yeah, very little info on this indicator; but Josh, the starter of this thread, should be kind and in the position to provide a brief update on how to use this indy.

Omololu

Comment

omololu,

These indicators are provided as-is as 3rd party indicator. If you want info on how to use these please go to kreslik.com and inquiry with the originator of these scripts as all that was done was just a port of TheRumpledOne's TS scripts to NT.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TRO revisited

Anybody want to try to code a few of The Rumpled One's current indicators?

The Rat Reversal system make s a lot of sense and is very similar to Directional Lines from Jay Norris.

The past statistics are interesting as well.

Comment

FWIW he is posting on youtube now...

You can get my free forex MT4 indicators and trading eBooks here: www.kreslik.com

Comment

TRO, like a rat

True, I have seen some of the videos. But that doesn't get the indicators, chart helpers, strategies into a useful state

There is a great deal of simplicity in his method and it makes good sense to me. But I am not able to code in C# yet (frustrating, the learning curve) and I would like to play with this stuff.

It looks like he caught Josh's attention several years back. I was hoping we might be able to spark a little revival here, today.

He posts on Kreslik. There is a great deal of other material there as well. But no one is using Ninja as far as I can tell (mostly MetaTrader). It's quite a slog to get through some of the (HUGE) long posts but there are nuggets of wisdom in there. It seems a little like mining in the old days ... There is quite a community there.

I'm not trying to advertise or drive traffic that way. I'm just trying to find these ideas implemented in C# / Ninja. Not trying to re-label anything or take credit. Just want to put these ideas to the test.

Anyone ?

Comment

I could be interested in working on this. But I would need a concise and complete explanation of the method and what each indicator is doing.

You can answer here or PM me

Comment

I don't think we need to be private about it, if you are OK with that. Maybe if we can get something going others will pitch in and help.

Avery Horton, aka TRO, aka The Rumpled One posts on Kreslik (where he not likely to be banned). He gets upset about others posting his code in other places ostensibly because he wants it all in one place for maintenance reasons. He is very open and sharing with his ideas however. I do not notice that others on Kreslik or his forums are using Ninja. I have asked about others using C# but have not had a reply. Since that is the case I hope we will not upset him by translating his material here. We could conceivably make it available over at Kreslik but if they are not using Ninja then that seems pointless for now.

He codes in MetaTrader (4, I think) and that code is available (for the most part - some of his indicators are "donational"). If it turns out that the coding skill exists to get this stuff converted I am certainly willing to donate to get the "donational" material.

It's likely that many of his indicators will benefit us all. It's just a matter of getting them into Ninja or C#. I'm at work right now but will forward an indicator or two this evening that can get the project started.

Thanks for your interest!!

Comment

Sorry for the failure to post last night. I had not thought this through. There are SO MANY screenshots and indicators that it will take some time for me to collect items of interest.

Please consider going to have a look for yourself. I'm not sure if I will raise the ire of the admins here if I post links (I am not trying to drive traffic to the other site - I am trying to get the material converted to Ninja for the benefit of this audience). Look on Kreslik for Drain the Banks Like a Rat (and the "continued"). His Buy Zone is interesting also. I have donated and requested both the 2011 and 2012 Donational indicators.

We can meet back here with the Ninja code for the benefit of this crowd.

Comment

Yes, I'm aware of what TRO's threads get to look like. That's why I need CONCISE info. I'm still going to need to be convinced it's worthwhile.

Edit: I fixed Concise so I don't look like an idiot for the next 100 years
                            Last edited by goldfly; 02-24-2012, 06:39 AM.

Comment

TRO S/R Repaint Question

do any of the TRO Dynamic S/R indicators repaint more/less then others? which is the best one for least repainting or zero repainting?

Thanks for any help.... also is there an NT version of his semphor (sp?) indicator?

R.T.

Comment

Where can I find TRO indicators

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post DynamicTest  
                                Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM