Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Issue with "Open Range with overnight session v2" - Anyone else?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Issue with "Open Range with overnight session v2" - Anyone else?

Seeking for help on this indicator...maybe some one experienced the same and has the solution to this....

I am experiencing days when it just does not plot...cant find WHY...FEW of those days it fix by going to indictors and pressing apply....but most days I cant fix it....do u know why this can happen? if it is necessary to ensure some consistency between session hours on chart prop vs begin/end hours for this indic or what

Thanks....

gtichauer, have you tried contacting the original authors for input? Any log tab errors you spot as those issues arise?

You could try matching entered session begin / end times for 6.5 as expressed in your local time and ensuring same info is entered in the indicator inputs.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
      gtichauer, have you tried contacting the original authors for input? Any log tab errors you spot as those issues arise?

You could try matching entered session begin / end times for 6.5 as expressed in your local time and ensuring same info is entered in the indicator inputs.
      Thanks...now that you mention, I checked the log and see several errors (not use to look here). All of them say "Error on calling OnBarUpdate method for ORangenightV2 on bar xxx: Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

does this tells something?

Comment

You're welcome, always check into the log tab for those issues, it can hold valuable info - in this case likely a custom code issue as it's trying to access an emtpy object (likely the Bars one from the code), you would need to debug the code or contact the original author to ask for input / looking into.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I don't see any error in log tab, the indicator plots H/L from 16:15 prev day to 9:30 am of current day NY time.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
            I don't see any error in log tab, the indicator plots H/L from 16:15 prev day to 9:30 am of current day NY time.
            do u know what the error I mention in my log could be referring to?

Comment

nkhoi,

It may be helpful to give gtichauer a version of your indicator with some try-catch blocks inserted in the code to help isolate where the object reference error is originating from. Just a thought.
              Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

unless i see the error there is not much i can do.

Comment

Originally posted by nkhoi View Post
                  unless i see the error there is not much i can do.
                  attached a snapshot of the log screen....is this helpfull?

Thanks

PS: having some problems to upload.....will try tomorrow...pls check my first msg with the description of the error...
                  Last edited by gtichauer; 04-07-2010, 08:14 PM.

Comment

ORange_Overnight_V2

I too have a minor problem with this indicator but have not had success contacting the author..

The "rangecolor" plot which colors the background of the overnight range is not persistent. In other words. Each morning I load my charts I have to right click on each chart and go to indicators, scroll to that indicator and select the "rangecolor" user setting, re-select the color I want again (as the user setting always flips back to white for some reason, even though it does not color the range with white) and click apply.. or else all I see is the goldenrod boundary lines and not the rangecolor shading. It does not matter if I then save that as workspace default, template default, etc. it won't show up, on the next chart I use with that same default template, etc. except as showing the colored top and bottom boundary lines.. it does not fill in the rangecolor background.

It is a minor inconvenience but still a daily irritation. There are never any log errors that show up in regards to anything but it just won't persist once it is set and saved.

Any ideas?

Happy Trading,
                    Randy
                    Last edited by randyjb; 04-12-2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                    Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post chbruno