Pivot Points and Floor Pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floor Pivots

Can some one help me with setting up the values of Floor Pivots. I have downloaded the indicator but when I put in 130, 131 and 129 as the values, it is not showing on my chart.
    Please advise.
    Thanks

Comment

SteveM, which indicator did you download exactly? Please try the per default supplied 'Pivots' indicator in NinjaTrader.
      BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I downloaded the indicator from the list of indicators from this forum under the label "Floor Pivots". The values of this indicator while adding it on to the chart is Zero. I am unable to find what is the right number for these correct pivot points.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
        SteveM, which indicator did you download exactly? Please try the per default supplied 'Pivots' indicator in NinjaTrader.

Comment

Did you try the default 'Pivots' indicator supplied per default with NinjaTrader? Does this work as expected? Which instrument and datafeed are you using? If you don't have access to daily data, please ensure the Pivots are set to calculate from intraday data.

Comment

I downloaded teh indicator from the forum and the explanation that went along was of the 129, 130 and 131 as the values to be put in and when I put in those values, nothing was showing on the chart.

Did you try the default 'Pivots' indicator supplied per default with NinjaTrader? Does this work as expected? Which instrument and datafeed are you using? If you don't have access to daily data, please ensure the Pivots are set to calculate from intraday data.

Comment

SteveM, I'm still not sure what exactly you're referring to, for the Pivots to be calculated properly you would need to input the correct daily High / Low and Close values if you choose to input them manually, otherwise leave the 'UserDefinedValues' input at 0.

Comment

When I leave the input to be Zero, I get nothing on the chart. there are no Res / Sup lines on the chart at all. I am wondering how to put the numbers. I definitely know where the numbers would come from but as I am trading in Currency Futures and that is a 24 hour market, how to be able to find what is the open and close of the day.
                Thanks for your help.

SteveM, I'm still not sure what exactly you're referring to, for the Pivots to be calculated properly you would need to input the correct daily High / Low and Close values if you choose to input them manually, otherwise leave the 'UserDefinedValues' input at 0.

http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...V6/Pivots.html

Comment

SteveM, for the currency markets you would need to set a time for the closing open etc to happen, people normally use the regional (London, New York, Tokyo) market hours for this. Which connection / broker are you using? If you're using for example Gain please try to switch the Pivots to 'CalcFromIntradayData' in the inputs. Thanks
                  Last edited by NinjaTrader_Bertrand; 08-04-2009, 04:10 AM.

Comment

Thanks for your input. I am using AMP traders as my brokers and they are in Chicago.
                    Please do guide me. Will the closing be at 4.15 EST and if yes, then what should be the opening time. Is it the exchange opening time, ie: 9.30 EST or the switch over of the midnight time ??

Thanks for all your support. I sencerely appreciate it.

SteveM, for the currency markets you would need to set a time for the closing open etc to happen, people normally use the regional (London, Neq York, Tokyo) market hours for this. Which connection / broker are you using? If you're using for example Gain please try to switch the Pivots to 'CalcFromIntradayData' in the inputs. Thanks

Comment

SteveM,

The indicators would be based off of whatever session you define for your chart. If you define your session to begin at 9:30 then that will be when the indicator begins. If you define it to start at midnight then it will start there.

You would want to select a session time frame for the particular instrument you would be trading based on the exchange time frames for that instrument.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

If I am using midnight to midnight as my start to end session, then how do I make the indicator work for me ?

ThanksThe indicators would be based off of whatever session you define for your chart. If you define your session to begin at 9:30 then that will be when the indicator begins. If you define it to start at midnight then it will start there.

You would want to select a session time frame for the particular instrument you would be trading based on the exchange time frames for that instrument.[/quote]

Comment

SteveM, this is tied to your local PC set timezone. So if you want to start the session at 9 in the morning, then 9:00 AM as Session begin time, vice versa for the Session end time.

Comment

Thanks for the input and your help. Appreciate your help.

SteveM, this is tied to your local PC set timezone. So if you want to start the session at 9 in the morning, then 9:00 AM as Session begin time, vice versa for the Session end time.

Comment

Daily Charts

I'm new to pivots, and can only get the Pivot indicators ('Pivots' & 'Pivot Points Enhanced') to work on minute (60, 30, 15, etc) charts.

Can I get pivot points for my daily charts?

Thank you.

Comment

Pivots are generally for intraday charts only.
                                Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post funk10101  
                                Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
                                11 responses
                                0 likes