Collapse

Pivot Points and Floor Pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much... that's what I was starting to assume.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Josh View Post
    Pivots are generally for intraday charts only.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Hi. I'm trying to use the pivot indicator on NT for ES, but the values are not right. I've used the PriorDay OHLC and the value for the prior session are all correct.So I dont understand why all the pivot indicators that I used gave me wrong values. They dont work on CalcFromIntradayData and dailybars optins, only in userdefined values. I'm from Portugal and in chart sessions time i've put end: 20h15 and begins: 20h30.

Thanks for the help

Comment

Welcome to our forums - you would need to enter the correct session times, you just entered a 15 min session window, thus values would be off compared to the manual ones you entered.

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Even when I put end session: 20h15 and begin session: 20h15. The problem is the same. And besides that I dont understand how de indicator HLOC are right. The wrong values for support and resistence are different from the correct ones by 1 or 2 points...so the difference is not mutch...it's something very litle that is not right...

Comment

rockwarrior, to which values are you comparing? The CurrentDayOHL and PriorDayOHLC would 'grab' their relative times from the session begin and end times as well.

Comment

The values that the priorHLOC gives me are right. it was just a test to see if the NT could recognized the right values to do the calculations...So i dont understand why the pivot indicator dont use the right values...
                What times should i put in the end and begin session?

Comment

For example to calcuate the pivots for the cash (RTH) session, please try entering session begin 09:30 to session end 16:15, all times EST and if you're PC time is not set to this timezone you would need to adapt them accordingly.

This will become more convenient with NT7's session manager in the future -

Comment

Still not working... for ES 06-10 the normal valus are: R1-1164,75; PP- 1160,50; S1-1157,00. But my pivot indicator says that: R1-1163,92; PP-1160,08; S1 - 1156,92 !!!! The session end at: 20h15 (16h15 EST) and it begins at: 20h15.
                    Because the values area almost correct it's just a tiny thing that's wrong...

Comment

rockwarrior,

Pivots in 6.5 are calculated based off of the data on your chart. Should you find discrepancies you would have to check the actually processed data. When you compare against other sources for pivots if you are not using the exact same data set then unfortunately it will be slightly different in calculation.
                      Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I inderstand, but then why in the priorday HLOC indicator all the values are correct?

Comment

Hello,

It is likely because the data points on your chart just happen to line up with whatever you are cross checking your pivots with.
                          DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

From all the kinds on pivot points (classic, woodie, camarilla, ******)i can't figure out the best ones to use on ES for daytrading... Which is (are) the one that works better to identify levels of support and resistance?

regards

Comment

I'm trading the forex marketn and I’m trying to find a custom Pivot indicator for NinjaTrader 7 that allows the mid point levels to also be included on the charts with the support and resistance levels.

Could someone refer me to a custom pivot indicator that simply includes the mid point levels with the standard suppor and resistance levels?

Thanks.

Comment

You can take a look through the sharing section for NT7 related scripts - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...=pivots&desc=1

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
                                4 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post maybeimnotrader  
                                Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
                                6 responses
                                0 likes