MACD Bollinger Band For Ninja 7 ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MACD Bollinger Band For Ninja 7 ...

Not sure who designed it for 6.5 but I'm a big fan of this indicator and was wondering if it could be updated for Ninja 7? Thanks! --david

Unfortunately I'm not aware of an already updated version for NT7 - you can review code breaking changes here -

Contains critical information including but not limited to migration, installation, connections and changes.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just want to say I would very much like to see a version for Ninja 7 as well

Very nice indicator. works intermittantly on 7, would very much like to see someone code this for Ninja 7...would be awesome!!

Comment

which one exactly do you mean?

Comment

MACD Bollinger band ISSUES

This is a great indicator but has had its' growing pains converting to NT7. It's almost perfect now. The only problem I'm experiencing is the BB's repeat themselves when you scroll back in time. The Bollinger bands are accurate throughout chart history, but not the BB's. Scrolling back beyond 250 bars you can view the BB's are repeating themselves. Going back, the 251'st BB is the current "live" BB.
          I am not a programmer, but it seems logical that the "time frame or input data" portion of the code for the MACD BB's needs to look like Bollinger bands'.? Maybe that's too simple? I dont know, but that's why I'm putting this out there. I will make an attempt, but hoping an experienced programmer could make the neccessary code adjustments a lot quicker than myself.
          Any input so I could attempt to change the code would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis4S View Post
              This is a great indicator but has had its' growing pains converting to NT7. It's almost perfect now. The only problem I'm experiencing is the BB's repeat themselves when you scroll back in time. The Bollinger bands are accurate throughout chart history, but not the BB's. Scrolling back beyond 250 bars you can view the BB's are repeating themselves. Going back, the 251'st BB is the current "live" BB.
              I am not a programmer, but it seems logical that the "time frame or input data" portion of the code for the MACD BB's needs to look like Bollinger bands'.? Maybe that's too simple? I dont know, but that's why I'm putting this out there. I will make an attempt, but hoping an experienced programmer could make the neccessary code adjustments a lot quicker than myself.

Thanks
              happy to have a look but need smthg to look at

Comment

Hi, this is a bit off topic but I'm unsure where to ask this question. I'm new to NT7 and somewhat technically illiterate but I'm picking up things from this forum. Regarding the 256 look back feature, if I have a 610 bar bollinger band and I choose this option to save on memory what are the consequences. And for other indicators. If I utilize more than 256 bars in the calculation of an indicator what does the 256 bar memory limit imply exactly?

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                Unfortunately I'm not aware of an already updated version for NT7 - you can review code breaking changes here -

http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ad.php?t=21016

Comment

sysforex, this will not be noticable on your charting - but comes into play when you want to custom code with dataseries objects and need to access past values for the calculations in your code - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...mum%2Blookback

256 would be most memory friendly and would serve most custom indicator needs we believe.
                  BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis4S View Post

Thanks
                    Curtis4S,

If you get a chance, could you post a screenshot of what you're describing above?

Thnx

Comment

MACD Bollinger bands

Thanks for the responses. I've attached a screen shot to show what the break looks like, and the current indicator. And beta version 16 has had no change on it.

Thanks for your help!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post Skifree
                      by Skifree

Started by traderqz, Yesterday, 09:06 AM