• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TsSupertrend V 2.2 for NT7

Here's the indicator
    Attached Files

Hello,

Do you have any questions? Or just sharing?
    DenNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Ben View Post
      Hello,

Do you have any questions? Or just sharing?
      Just sharing....

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio66 View Post
        Just sharing....
        I was able to use the latest (2.3) on NT7 without any change. Why bother sharing old version?

Comment

TSSupertrend Strategy Wizard error

TSSuperTrend v 2.3 generates an error ( CSO119 Line 80 ) when I try to use it within NT7 strategy wizard...is there a way to correct this so I can use it to generate a strategy....?

Comment

Sergio, Do you know what is the theory behind TSSuperTrend v 2.3 formula, is this a version of the Hilbert sine wave. I have read that the Blue Wave Trading indicators are very similar to TSSuperTrend v 2.3 except that TSSuperTrend is not automated, your thoughts would be appreciated

Comment

Originally posted by SineWaveTrader View Post
              Sergio, Do you know what is the theory behind TSSuperTrend v 2.3 formula, is this a version of the Hilbert sine wave. I have read that the Blue Wave Trading indicators are very similar to TSSuperTrend v 2.3 except that TSSuperTrend is not automated, your thoughts would be appreciated
              Hi SineWaveTrader,

Just an FYI, I know Randy at Blue Wave Trading. We are friendly competitive venders on the NT platform. Randy's indicators were developed years ago. SuperTrend is a more recent knockoff of one of his indicators. So similar is a truthful statement. I have not personally compared the two. I'm sure if you asked Randy yourself, he could share the performance difference details with you.

RJay
              RJay
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by rt6176 View Post
                Hi SineWaveTrader,

Just an FYI, I know Randy at Blue Wave Trading. We are friendly competitive venders on the NT platform. Randy's indicators were developed years ago. SuperTrend is a more recent knockoff of one of his indicators. So similar is a truthful statement. I have not personally compared the two. I'm sure if you asked Randy yourself, he could share the performance difference details with you.

RJay
                Hi Rjay,
                Thanks very much for your honest reply, it was much appreciated. I am actually new to the NT platform, so excuse me if my line of questions appears to be basic. You mention that you were a friendly competitor with Rany from BWT, so are you the developer of the SuperTrend indicator, secondly since you did mention that SuperTrend was an offshoot of one of the BWT indicators, is it then an obvious assumption that SuperTrend is a less superior product or would you classify it as comparable .

How would you categorize the type of indicator that SuperTrend is, meaning is it a trend following system and is the basic theory behind it based on any of the more popular indicators, like RSI, Bollinger Bands, MA or as I had asked before the Hilbert Sine Wave.

What is the name of your company and their website where your indicator can be purchased and is it available for the Tradestation platform. Finally can you provide me with any kind of backtest performance summary.

Comment

Originally posted by SineWaveTrader View Post
                  Hi Rjay,
                  Thanks very much for your honest reply, it was much appreciated. I am actually new to the NT platform, so excuse me if my line of questions appears to be basic. You mention that you were a friendly competitor with Rany from BWT, so are you the developer of the SuperTrend indicator, secondly since you did mention that SuperTrend was an offshoot of one of the BWT indicators, is it then an obvious assumption that SuperTrend is a less superior product or would you classify it as comparable .

How would you categorize the type of indicator that SuperTrend is, meaning is it a trend following system and is the basic theory behind it based on any of the more popular indicators, like RSI, Bollinger Bands, MA or as I had asked before the Hilbert Sine Wave.

What is the name of your company and their website where your indicator can be purchased and is it available for the Tradestation platform. Finally can you provide me with any kind of backtest performance summary.
                  Hi SineWaveTrader,

I have no connection to SuperTrend or its development..

I specialize mostly in chart types and volume based indicators.

You can take a peek at my website here.

Free trials on everything.

NT platform only.

RJay
                  RJay
                  NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Innovative Trading Solutions

Comment

Hello, sorry for the silly question, but does this indicator repaint?
                    Thanks.

Comment

Hello ssp729,

I see your inquiry is for a community member, but I wanted to say welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

As a tip, this indicator sets plots which are drawn by NinjaTrader on each Render pass.
                      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am sorry for my ignorance, but what this does it means: sets plots which are drawn by NinjaTrader on each Render pass.?

Comment

Hello ssp729,

The Chart has a SharpDX RenderTarget.

Plots from indicator are rendered in the render target on every update of OnRender().

NinjaTrader will render plots from indicators on every render pass of the render target.

This means that NinjaTrader draws plots on every chart refresh.
                          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post algospoke  
                          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                          3 responses
                          0 likes