X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fractals

Fractals by Bill Williams

References:
    Fractal for eSignal 7.x by Chris D. Kryza (FRACTAL.EFS)
    Bill Williams Profitunity System v1.0 by Daniel (http://www.wealth-lab.com/cgi-bin/We...ystem?id=27909)

Usage:

This will be the last indicator of Bill Williams' Profitunity system I will be making because I don't think his system works all that well. At least not for the instruments I trade.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by NinjaTrader_JoshP; 11-03-2007, 03:27 PM.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Fractals Disappear

Josh,
    I personally finds the Fractals, as used by Bill Williams, very useful for entering a trade if I miss the beginning of a move or to add on.

But, that's not why I am writing this. The fractals just disappear from the chart. On my desktop computer, they won't even work at all now. On my laptop, they were in the charts yesterday. When I re-opened NT today, they were gone and wouldn't reload. I re-downloaded the zip file and imported the Ninja Script, overwriting the earlier one. It now is appearing, but I have no idea for how long.

Could you please see if there is some problem in the code? They are important to me and I would sorely miss them.

Thanks so much.

Bryan

Comment

You might have found a bug. If you could look into the logs the next time the indicator "disappears" and let me know of the error message that occurs? Thanks.

Comment

That stuff looks real nice Josh, thanks for posting.

Comment

Log error for fractals

Here's what the log says:

11/3/2007 12:06:09 PM|3|4|Error on calling the 'OnBarUpdate' method for indicator 'Fractals' on bar 5: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
          Parameter name: index

Thanks so much,

Bryan

Comment

Hey marketguy2,

Would you mind giving the new one I just uploaded a try? Thanks for reporting.

Comment

Working so far

Thanks so much. I'll let you know how it's working on Monday.

Bryan

Comment

Question and Request

Josh,
                I am a little confused. I have 2 fractal indicators listed in my Indicators with 2 different names.
                1. Fractals (by Bill Williams)
                2. Profitunity Fractals (by Bill Williams)

Which is the right one to use? The latest after your fix? I had the Profitunity version up ( and running ok). It disappeared after re-starting NT and wouldn't return. I removed it and added the Fractals by BW version and it appears ok (for now). So, some clarification would be helpful.

Also, I have an indicator request. Bill Williams looks for what he calls a Bullish or Bearish Divergence Bar to signal a possible reversal in trend.

It is pretty straight forward. To quote Bill: "A bullish divergence bar is a bar that has a lower low and closes in the top half of the bar. A bearish divergence bar is the just the opposite. It is a bar that has a higher high and closes in the lower half of the bar." (Trading Chaos 2nd edition; Page 110).

Its purpose is to give you a heads up that a strong trend move may be ready to turn around. On a bullish divergence bar a buy stop is placed just above the bullish divergent bar and on a bearish divergence bar a sell stop is placed just below the bottom of the bearish divergence bar. If the market reverses, you're in.

Of course, not all trends reversals have a Divergent Bar trumpeting the change. But, it occurs quite often. I have been eyeballing them, but honestly, I miss a lot of them (until after the move).

Let me know if this indicator is possible and something you would be willing to do.

Thanks for all the help so far.

All the best,

Bryan

Comment

Hmm. I think it should be the "Profitunity: Fractals (by Bill Williams)" one. I think I changed the naming convention on my end awhile ago, but forgot about it.

Can you provide any log details into when the indicator disappeared?

Maybe someone else from the community can help you out on the Bullish/Bearish Divergence Bar. At the moment I just don't have the free time to take a stab at it.

Comment

Profitunity indicators

Hi Josh:

What other profit unity indicatots (By Bill Williams)are availavble for download, apart from Fractals?

Regards,

Comment

Comment

The fractals disappear

Hi all there. My best desires for all of you for this new year.

I have been proving the indicator "Profitunity: Fractals (by Bill Williams)", but I have the same problem showed before in this thread, the fractals disappear when I close and re-open again the NT.

I attached two picts in order to show what happen with my charts...

Could someone help us to fix it indicator?

Thanks in advance.

Cattus

Comment

Charts

Originally posted by cattus View Post
                          Hi all there. My best desires for all of you for this new year.

I have been proving the indicator "Profitunity: Fractals (by Bill Williams)", but I have the same problem showed before in this thread, the fractals disappear when I close and re-open again the NT.

I attached two picts in order to show what happen with my charts...

Could someone help us to fix it indicator?

Thanks in advance.

Cattus
                          Here are the charts...
                          Attached Files

Comment

If you could provide the error message that occurs it would be most helpful in isolating the bug. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                              If you could provide the error message that occurs it would be most helpful in isolating the bug. Thanks.
                              Hi Josh.

I do not receive any message of error. In the picture "Fractals 1" you can see on the Visual section the colors red and green. It occurs the first time that I attach the indicator onto my charts. But after I close the NT and open it again, the fractals disappear, you can see the picture "Fractals 2" and in its Visual section of the indicator, the colors are Transparent or something like that. I have tried to fix it problem, but I am too new in the use of the NT, so I need some help to fix it...

I hope it can help...

Cattus

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
                              Started by swestendorf, Today, 11:14 AM
                              2 responses