Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Measuring trade intensity with the free Pace of Tape indicator

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by aligator View Post

    Sorry, not your mistake. The indicator is OK but was zipped outside Ninja. It can be extracted from the zip file and manually copy and paste in Indicators folder.

    But, no need for that. The attached zip file includes the same indicator and can be directly imported per Ninja import add-on process. Zip file in Post# 11 can be disregarded.

    great, thanks a lot for your help!

    Comment


      #17
      Code:
       
      Calculate    = Calculate.OnEachTick;
      
      protected override void OnBarUpdate()
              {
                  int pace = 0;
                  int i = 0;
                  while(i < CurrentBar)
                  {
                      TimeSpan ts = Time[0] - Time[i];
                      if (ts.TotalSeconds < period)
                          pace += Bars.BarsPeriod.Value;                    
      
                      else     break;   ++i;    
                  }
      on every tick, when OBU is called, you loop thru all historical bars until the current bar, and measure seconds between bars, compared to some arbitrary value you set (30)?

      it must be halloween, bcuz this is very scary, lol

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by aligator View Post

        Here is my conversion of the original PaceOfTape indicator for NT 8.0. 16.1.

        It is Free! (a 10 min effort)

        Cheers! Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-18 (100 Tick) 2018_10_19 (5_18_14 PM).png
Views:	772
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	1036506
        Do you still have this zip file? It's missing from this forum. Thank you

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by jack98765 View Post

          Do you still have this zip file? It's missing from this forum. Thank you
          The indicator has been slightly modified for the sound file. However, the original logic remains the same as coded by cunparis. The ZIP files in either Post #11 and #15 are correct. Remove the older version and download/install this new version.
          Last edited by aligator; 09-13-2020, 12:48 PM.

          Comment


            #20
            Originally posted by balltrader View Post
            Code:
            Calculate = Calculate.OnEachTick;
            
            protected override void OnBarUpdate()
            {
            int pace = 0;
            int i = 0;
            while(i < CurrentBar)
            {
            TimeSpan ts = Time[0] - Time[i];
            if (ts.TotalSeconds < period)
            pace += Bars.BarsPeriod.Value;
            
            else break; ++i;
            }
            on every tick, when OBU is called, you loop thru all historical bars until the current bar, and measure seconds between bars, compared to some arbitrary value you set (30)?

            it must be halloween, bcuz this is very scary, lol
            Thanks. Agree, it certainly can be improved for resource efficiency. I simply converted the indicator to NT8 and maintained the original logic as coded by cunparis. Any less "scary" alternative script suggestion?

            Cheers!

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by aligator View Post

              The indicator has been slightly modified for the sound file. However, the original logic remains the same as coded by cunparis. The ZIP files in either Post #11 and #15 are correct. Remove the older version and download/install this new version.
              Okay I see it now, thank you. I either overlooked it the first time or it wasn't showing up. It's still not quite what i'm looking for though. Do you know of an indicator that measures current tick movement in either direction per seconds/minutes (I mean that as price movement speed)? I can't find anything that does this and don't believe it would be hard to code, I'm just not familiar enough with C#.
              Last edited by jack98765; 09-14-2020, 10:20 AM.

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by jack98765 View Post

                Okay I see it now, thank you. I either overlooked it the first time or it wasn't showing up. It's still not quite what i'm looking for though. Do you know of an indicator that measures current tick movement in either direction per seconds/minutes (I mean that as price movement speed)? I can't find anything that does this and don't believe it would be hard to code, I'm just not familiar enough with C#.
                Yes, there are many custom indicators that if you do a search you will find them under the User Apps Downloads. Here is the BarTimes indicator that times the formation of a bar and can be downloaded here:

                https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../nt8-bartimes/

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by aligator View Post

                  Yes, there are many custom indicators that if you do a search you will find them under the User Apps Downloads. Here is the BarTimes indicator that times the formation of a bar and can be downloaded here:

                  https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../nt8-bartimes/
                  Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that one but it's for plotting time duration of bars. I'm trying to find something that shows current speed of price movement (velocity), like a radar gun and gives rate of speed. There are some paid indicators that many do it but it's source code is probably in a dll file that can't be modified.

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by jack98765 View Post

                    Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that one but it's for plotting time duration of bars. I'm trying to find something that shows current speed of price movement (velocity), like a radar gun and gives rate of speed. There are some paid indicators that many do it but it's source code is probably in a dll file that can't be modified.
                    OK, now things are getting confusing. You asked for "I'm trying to find something that shows current speed of price movement (velocity), like a radar gun and gives rate of speed."

                    Radar gun measures velocity(m/s), but rate of speed is acceleration. You get a ticket for speeding not for accelerating from 0 to 5 miles per hours. Regardless, this indicator essentially gives you what you need. Here is why:

                    For example, on a 100 tick charts the indicator measures the "time to complete" a 100 tick bar in seconds, i.e., 5 seconds. So your average velocity of that bar is 100/5 = 20 ticks per second. If you want to plot the bar "velocity" then plot the ratio of bar size in ticks to the "time to complete." Now, because every bar on the chart is 100 ticks, a plot of the "velocity" will visually looks exactly the same (actually inverted) as the plot for "time to complete" the bar, except on a different scale by a constant factor.

                    So, this indicator is a good representation of the bar velocity.

                    Perhaps if you provide actual examples, charts, or references to "some paid indicators that many do it" or what you have seen elsewhere it would be easier for someone to code a different indicator.

                    Finally, if this is important to you and you "don't believe it would be hard to code" then editing an existing NT8 indicator to do what you want is not a difficult task, just needs a little effort to learn simple cut and paste without being a programmer.

                    Cheers!
                    Last edited by aligator; 09-15-2020, 03:43 PM.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Hi, was the NT8 indicator ever attached to any of these posts?

                      Comment


                        #26
                        Originally posted by PN720 View Post
                        Hi, was the NT8 indicator ever attached to any of these posts?
                        For the NT8 BarTimes indicator see the following link, if that is what you are asking for:

                        https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use.../nt8-bartimes/

                        Comment

                        Latest Posts

                        Collapse

                        Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by NeverDownMoney, Today, 02:32 PM
                        1 response
                        6 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Tyler  
                        Started by ErikY, Today, 02:14 PM
                        0 responses
                        7 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post ErikY
                        by ErikY
                         
                        Started by redart1021, Today, 01:14 PM
                        2 responses
                        10 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post redart1021  
                        Started by auto112112, Today, 12:36 PM
                        3 responses
                        12 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_PatrickG  
                        Started by UltraNIX, Today, 11:03 AM
                        1 response
                        12 views
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_ChrisL  
                        Working...
                        X