Calculator Column for Market Analyzer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calculator Column for Market Analyzer

I need a calculator function that can be put in a column within the NT7 B17 Market Analyzer to add/subtract/divide the price or cci's that are displayed in prior/other columns.

Is this function currently available or will i have to write a indicator to get this simple (relatively i am sure) kind of functionality into the Market Analyzer.

Have tried a search of the forum, and can not locate anything that would appear to address this functionality.

thx in advance

nanook77, correct you would need to create a custom indicator for this and then display the needed values in the Market Analyzer.

To just add together the colum values, use the TotalRow function.
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thx. row total only totals vertically - is that correct. i want information gathered on the columns across. let me know. thx

Comment

nanook77,

Correct, it works vertically. Thank you for the suggestion though. There is no built in functionality right now to allow you to do math across several columns. You would need to add whatever math you wanted to do into an indicator and just add an indicator column with that math already done right now.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Market Analyzer: Expression Colunn

I vote for this... I'm sure it would not be too difficult to implement but would make the market analyzer more powerful..

Support for simple math via a Calculation (or Expression) column like (cell(abc)*2)/(cell(def)+cell(ghi)^2

abc, def and ghi are all columns with the Labels "abc", "def", "ghi" so cell(abc) would extract the current row/column cell value of column abc ...

and col(abc) for the whole abc column

if you wanted to make it even more powerful then you could include excel style functions in there - probably there are some c# libraries to evaluate spreadsheet functions that you can plug into your code

e.g. like MAX(col(abc)) to get the largest value in the column abc or AVERAGE(col(abc)) to get the average value of the column or MAX((MAX(col(abc)),MAX(col(def))) to get the largest value from the abc and def columns
          Last edited by NinjaCustomer; 11-27-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Surprised this hasn't been implemented!

Comment

Hello RedRock,

Thanks for your note.

The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-5507. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Let us know if we may assist further.
              Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DJ888
              by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
              0 responses