X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pgabriel
    replied
    Historical trend Lines

Is it possible to modify this indicator to leave a history of the prior trend lines on the chart when a new one is plotted...?

Leave a comment:

• superarrow
    replied
    Ray,
    Thank you. Works!

SA
    Last edited by superarrow; 11-30-2008, 07:03 AM.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    You are welcome...Not looking at the code, I suspect in the DrawArrow() call, the same tag parameter is used for each break, try changing this to be unique such as:

DrawArrow(CurrentBar.ToString()...)

Leave a comment:

• superarrow
    replied
    Keeping trednline breaks on

Hi Ray,
    Firstly, thanks to the best indicator I ever used. It makes my trading so much easier.

Now, I need to visually analyze the price for the whole day, not just during an active trendline drawn object. I tried to comment out all the "RemoveObject..." to try and keep all the arrows for the previous trendline breaks. However, this does not seem to work.

Would you be able to advice/guide me to make this feature possible? Appreciate your assistance.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the entire NT team. You guys do a great job.

Cheers,
    SA

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    There is no trading methodology on this indicator. Its purely a visual that draws trendlines and alerts you to a break. Interpret as you see fit.

Leave a comment:

• Mike_32
    replied
    Does anyone understand the methodology of using this indicator?
    When it gives a long trendline are you supposed to go long?
    Or wait until it goes long and gives the arrow of breaking the trend then go short?
    What is the arrow breaking the trendline supposed to signify exit the line trend or go other direction?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• RK_trader
    replied
    Hi Apat1,

It is set to true in the code and also in the properties window by default. But I see it gives signal even before a bar closes below the trend line. Not sure what to change to fix it, so that it gives signal only when a bar "closes" below trendline.

Thanks
    RK

Leave a comment:

• APat1
    replied
    If it is set tof alse the calcs are on incoming tick basis.
    Probably can change it in the indicator prop window.
    Pat

Leave a comment:

• RK_trader
    replied
    Hi Ray,

In line 42, it is already set to true.

Thanks
    RK

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    Line 42 should be set to 'true'.

Leave a comment:

• RK_trader
    replied
    Thanks Ray. I am still in learning phase of Ninja programming.

I see "calculateonbarclose" on line 42 in Initialize() and it is set to true

And the other place I see it is on line 298 which says as below:

indicator.CalculateOnBarClose = CalculateOnBarClose;

Can you please clarify as to in which line, I need to change the value to true, so that it waits for a a bar to close below the trendline to give the alert.

Appreciate your time on this.

Thanks
    RK

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Ray
    replied
    The indicator waits for the first value lower or higher than a uptrend or downtrend line. If the indicator's "Calculate on bar close" is set to true, it will wait for a close of the bar otherwise just the first tick.

Unfortunately I will not be ammending the code to provide extra user defineable parameters however, anyone can take this open source code and modify it as they wish.

Leave a comment:

• RK_trader
    replied
    Thanks Josh for the quick reply. No problem.

I would appreciate opinions/comments on people who are actively using this indicator. Any volunteers who can modify the code to get the enhancements/options.

Thanks
    RK

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_JoshP
    replied
    Unfortunately I cannot provide assistance on this indicator RK_trader. It wasn't me who programmed this one and so I do not know what the parameters do or mean.

Leave a comment:

• RK_trader
    replied
    Hi

Any active users of this auto trendline indicator, did you experiment with what "strength" property value you are getting good results? I tried 5 and not sure if it is good.

Also when does it give the signal. Does it wait for atleast one bar to close below the current trendline?

Josh thanks for good indicator. I am not a Ninja programming expert, trying to learn the indicator programming. Is it possible you can modify the indicator to include a property field "the number of bars to close below trendline to give signal"

Also I would like to request if you are considering enhancements to make the trendline a little below the swing lows with a "displacement". For example in an uptrend the trendline is joining the swing low pivots. I am finding that if the trendline is a bit conservative and like a few ticks below the swing lows, it is holding well. For example, if the swing lows in ES uptrend are like 1531.50, 1535.50, 1540.50, then a line joining 1531.25 ,1535.25,1540.25 with 0.25 displacement to downside is holding really well and when it breaks, it gives a very strong signal and doesn't give false signals. May be this can be enhanced by adding a "displacement field" to properties.

I appreciate your time and any active users opinion on this.

Thanks
    RK

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
10 responses
0 likes
Last Post Leeroy_Jenkins  
Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
4 responses