Converting indicators from 6.5 to Ninja 7 problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Converting indicators from 6.5 to Ninja 7 problems

I have 4 indicators that I use in & work in Ninja 6.5 & want get them to work on Ninja 7, its a nice system that I would love to have for the new version and have others able to access this, I have all of the script in Word format as well as in the 6..5, I can access them with version 7 but have been unable to get them to show up in the indicator list of Version 7.
    When I try to download all at once in a zip format I get an error saying that the file is corrupted, on Ninja 7, it does not have this problem with Ninja 6.5?

....having similar questions about using 6.5 custom indicators in 7.0

Comment

Guys, NT6.5 indicators will work with NT7 for the most part. There are exceptions, but most scripts will transfer easily.

Davis72, please export the script from NT6.5 from the File -> Utilities -> Export NinjaScript menu and then import it in NT7 from File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript. NinjaTrader is not capable of using indicators stored in Word format.

Mystiq, can you please be more specific?
      AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Austin, Thanks I just tried that and get an error message saying "Error compiling export assembly. Please check your logs>
        It brought me to this link so reading about it now http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...tProblems.html
        I only had each indicator saved in Word format to work on the indicators & a back up for any loss of info
        Will Keep you posted !

Comment

Austin
          I was able to Export from N 6.5 with success but when I get over to Ninja 7 It starts importing by asking if I want to replace some files it had to add to make the program work during the export process then it gets to the end with an Error "Import Failed. The NinjaScript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."
          I have tried both not adding the files when it asks & allowing but still get the same error, I tried uninstalling Ninja 7 from the PC but still keep getting the error.
          Can I put Ninja 7 on the same PC running 6.5 to make some of this easier?

Comment

I have a custom indicator in 6.5 that uses nt indicators, would they have to be modified or created all over again to work in 7.0? Is there a way to test the 6.5 custom indicators and strategies to work in 7.0?
            Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Austin View Post
            Guys, NT6.5 indicators will work with NT7 for the most part. There are exceptions, but most scripts will. transfer easily.

Davis72, please export the script from NT6.5 from the File -> Utilities -> Export NinjaScript menu a. nd then import it in NT7 from File -> Utilities -> Import NinjaScript. NinjaTrader is not capable of using indicators stored in Word format.

Mystiq, can you please be more specific?

Comment

Originally posted by davis72 View Post
              Austin
              I was able to Export from N 6.5 with success but when I get over to Ninja 7 It starts importing by asking if I want to replace some files it had to add to make the program work during the export process then it gets to the end with an Error "Import Failed. The NinjaScript Archive file may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive."
              I have tried both not adding the files when it asks & allowing but still get the same error, I tried uninstalling Ninja 7 from the PC but still keep getting the error.
              Can I put Ninja 7 on the same PC running 6.5 to make some of this easier?
              Davis, yes you can install NT6.5 and NT7 on the same PC to make the transition easier. That error means something has changed from NT6.5 -> NT7 for your script. You will have to manually copy + paste the file from My Documents/NinjaTrader 6.5/bin/custom/indicators to the NT7 folder and then compile to see what the exact error is.

Comment

Originally posted by mystiq View Post
                I have a custom indicator in 6.5 that uses nt indicators, would they have to be modified or created all over again to work in 7.0? Is there a way to test the 6.5 custom indicators and strategies to work in 7.0?
                Depending on the script, it may or may not need modifications. Some properties/methods were changed for NT7, and these scripts would need tweaking.

You can copy + paste the indicator files from the NT6.5 folder to the NT7 folder, as described above. You can then open the script in NT7 and try to compile and see what the error is.

Comment

NinjaScript Error Message - where to find these files?

I have downloaded Ninjatrder 7.0 and am trying to import indicators from 6.5. It seems some of these indicators have errors (however, they all worked perfectly in 6.5), because I keep getting the message shown in the attached jpeg file.

It tells me there are programming errors that need to be resolved before I can import a Ninjascript archive file, but how can I resolve these errors when I don't even know which ninjascript file is the culprit? It just says a file on your PC.

This means I cannot important any ninjascript at all until I get this resolved. Can someone help?

I've also attached the 6.5 Ninjascript file I would like to import to NT 7 (this file worked fine in 6.5).

Thanks,

Steve
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by stevestrading; 07-05-2011, 03:29 PM.

Comment

I posted this in another thread but with no response I hope its ok to post it here.

How to resolve issue where an NT6.5 indicator does import and compile successfully
                    into NT 7 (version 7.0.1000.6) but nothing plots on the chart ?

Many thx
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dj22522 View Post
                      I posted this in another thread but with no response I hope its ok to post it here.

How to resolve issue where an NT6.5 indicator does import and compile successfully
                      into NT 7 (version 7.0.1000.6) but nothing plots on the chart ?

Many thx
                      The first thing to do is to look in the log for any error messages concerning the indicator. Once we see those messages, we can start to think of a solution.

Comment

Originally posted by stevestrading View Post
                        I have downloaded Ninjatrder 7.0 and am trying to import indicators from 6.5. It seems some of these indicators have errors (however, they all worked perfectly in 6.5), because I keep getting the message shown in the attached jpeg file.

It tells me there are programming errors that need to be resolved before I can import a Ninjascript archive file, but how can I resolve these errors when I don't even know which ninjascript file is the culprit? It just says a file on your PC.

This means I cannot important any ninjascript at all until I get this resolved. Can someone help?

I've also attached the 6.5 Ninjascript file I would like to import to NT 7 (this file worked fine in 6.5).

Thanks,

Steve
                        That cannot possibly compile under any recent version of NinjaTrader. You have passed 2 parameters to the RSI. In that case, the first parameter must be a dataSeries; it cannot be an integer.

Comment

Originally posted by koganam View Post
                          The first thing to do is to look in the log for any error messages concerning the indicator. Once we see those messages, we can start to think of a solution.
                          In my post#10, CalculateValueAreaHistov2, imports and compiles into NT7 without errors.
                          I can then see it in the indicator list and apply it to a chart, however nothing plots.

I don't get any errors.
                          I'm unclear how to proceed ?

Appreciate the reply koganam, many thx

Comment

Does it depend on timeframes / symbols used for which the indicator is applied to?
                            BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Bertrand View Post
                              Does it depend on timeframes / symbols used for which the indicator is applied to?
                              Hi.
                              Not sure if your question was for me.
                              If it is then no it doesn't plot regardless of symbol or increment.
                              Tried it on ES, 6E, 6B FDAX, YM etc and time (1m, 5m, 15m, etc) and range bars etc..

Many thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y  
                              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes