indicator to plot the 50 period sma of the 5 sma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indicator to plot the 50 period sma of the 5 sma

Hi I am looking for help on plotting the 50 period sma of the 5 sma of the trin. Does any one know how I can do this. Is there an indicator for this. Thank you

First of all you would need to have data for the TRIN index symbol - which dataprovider are you using here?

If this is working, you can just put a SMA 50 of the SMA 5 on the chart, with NinjaTrader 7 possible without custom coding as we support 'indicators working on indicators' now natively in the user interface -

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...indicators.htm (Indicator input series here in the docs)
    BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Bertrand thank you...I got this...now I want to use a 10 day ma of the ratio ('^fimh.z')/('^fimh.z'+'^fiml.z') ....i used the ultimate indicator for this..and I got the plotting correct but not sure how to add a 10 day ma to this indicator? can you help me. Also is there an indicator that has ability to plot a "histogram" with ^finh.z-^finl.z (new highs minus new lows)?
      again thanks for you help..dy

Comment

Unfortunately those ratios / custom instruments would need custom coding to make it possible - you would basically Add() your source instruments to an indicator and then do the calcs to arrive at the ratio and finally feed that into the SMA indicator to arrive at the final smoothed result. The general concept for MultiSeries scripts is discussed here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...nstruments.htm

Comment

ok thanks, also do you know if there is a histogram indicator that plots highs and lows?
          thanks

Comment

Unfortunately I'm not aware of one already published for this task - you can look into the spread indicators works here to get started on this territory - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...=spread&desc=1

Comment

thank you Bertrand.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by frankthearm, Today, 09:08 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post frankthearm  
              Started by NRITV, Today, 01:15 PM