Fantail VMAs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fantail VMAs

The fantail indicators were ported from MT4. The original thread about the indicator can be found here. Thanks to IgorAD for the code, which merely had to be tweaked a little to run on NT.

Edit:VMA1 v1.2 Code cleanup of the VMA1 and changed to vdiya implementation thanks to unicorn at TL. Interbar configuration might have produced different results previously
    Edit:VMA3 v1.1 adjusted for intra bar calculation
    Edit:v1.4 Fantail now uses the Vidya as a seperate indicator
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Rollins; 11-03-2007, 09:28 AM.

Interesting. Thanks Rollins for the indicator and also the resource link. Looks like they have a lot of knowledge posted in there .

Question: What is the difference between VMA1 and VMA3 versions?
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Unfortunately you'd have to ask Igor because I don't know.

The comments in the source are:

//FantailVMA2 & Fantail2.tpl: Turbo version attempt, fantail not adjusted yet for shorter horizontal, 17 Sept 2007.
      //FantailVMA3 & Fantail3.tpl: Live end of previous version had the fantail lines defaulting to MA_Length=1.
      Last edited by Rollins; 11-03-2007, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Hello my name is Walter, my homebase forum is www.traderslaboratory.com I am researching on how to trade with vma`s.... the indicator was originally developed by Bemac from VT... where I discovered it, then I asked the MT4 comunity if it could be coded to mt4, here is where Igorad did a first version of it... then on our site a member called Pyenner has developed an made great optimizations to the indicators... if you guys are intersted on the research, you may want to visit our site and try this first thread http://www.traderslaboratory.com/for...ades-2364.html on vma`s... there is much more, we have currently 5 threads arround the topic... obviously we would love to see our latest versions being coded also into NT ... greetings to all the ninjatrader comunity ˇˇ ... cheers Walter.

Comment

FanTail VMAs?

Wow.. interesting concept indeed! Thanks to Rollins for getting us started with at least two indicator lines and many thanks to Walter from the TL Forum for his outstanding work on this indicator and for sharing this concept with us. I went through about a third of his stuff at the TL Forum last night and he has truly outdone himself!

I guess my next question is for Josh, Rollins,and perhaps Gumprhie.. Will we truly be able to duplicate the real indicator as it is exampled and described in the TL Forum or does NT simply not have equivalent native ADX and VMA indicators so that we can have this in the same format as shown in the TL Forum along with the very important rainbow emas of the VMA/ADX initial indicator line?

Without the rainbow emas, the indicator loses a major amount of its usefulness and while I know we already have a current version of the RMMA (rainbow multiple moving averages) I am not a programmer myself, and thus I have no idea if the current NT platform and native indicators will allow for full duplication of the overall indicator. It does seem from the first parts of Walter's TL Forum thread that they were able to duplicate it for the TS platform and I thought I also saw a Ninja chart there with an early stab at a similar implementation. If full duplication of the indicator (along with the properly adjusted EMAs) is possible on the NT platform as it currently exists, is it perhaps just a tremendous amount of programming that is required? I just want to get a sense of whether this can truly be used here or whether we would have to utilize VT or TS in order to access the full indicator.

Many thanks to all the fine people here who contribute their skills and comments. Your efforts and sharing are so very much appreciated.

Happy Trading
          Last edited by randyjb; 10-31-2007, 11:22 AM. Reason: typos..

Comment

Made my own post obsolete, deleted
            Last edited by Rollins; 11-03-2007, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by randyjb View Post
              Wow.. interesting concept indeed! Thanks to Rollins for getting us started with at least two indicator lines and many thanks to Walter from the TL Forum for his outstanding work on this indicator and for sharing this concept with us. I went through about a third of his stuff at the TL Forum last night and he has truly outdone himself!

I guess my next question is for Josh, Rollins,and perhaps Gumprhie.. Will we truly be able to duplicate the real indicator as it is exampled and described in the TL Forum or does NT simply not have equivalent native ADX and VMA indicators so that we can have this in the same format as shown in the TL Forum along with the very important rainbow emas of the VMA/ADX initial indicator line?

Without the rainbow emas, the indicator loses a major amount of its usefulness and while I know we already have a current version of the RMMA (rainbow multiple moving averages) I am not a programmer myself, and thus I have no idea if the current NT platform and native indicators will allow for full duplication of the overall indicator. It does seem from the first parts of Walter's TL Forum thread that they were able to duplicate it for the TS platform and I thought I also saw a Ninja chart there with an early stab at a similar implementation. If full duplication of the indicator (along with the properly adjusted EMAs) is possible on the NT platform as it currently exists, is it perhaps just a tremendous amount of programming that is required? I just want to get a sense of whether this can truly be used here or whether we would have to utilize VT or TS in order to access the full indicator.

Many thanks to all the fine people here who contribute their skills and comments. Your efforts and sharing are so very much appreciated.

Happy Trading
              Hi Randy, I am glad you like the vma aproach... you probably noticed that I present various alternatives of aplications on it... also the research is open and its clearly evolving on a very nice direction...

Thanks to Sparrow/Rollins we are starting to have this indicators on NT wich is really a great thing ˇˇ

hope we can interact... cheers Walter.

Comment

Its great to have you here Walter, I've read lots of your stuff over at TradersLab and its always been very inciteful.

I added a VMA option to the RMMA, but am unsure what the settings should be for FantailVMA as the example at http://www.forex-tsd.com/indicators-...l-vma-mt4.html doesn't seem to have an ADX Period.

Hopefully all will become clear when we see the NT template you mentioned you'll be creating on TradersLab.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumphrie View Post
                  Its great to have you here Walter, I've read lots of your stuff over at TradersLab and its always been very inciteful.

I added a VMA option to the RMMA, but am unsure what the settings should be for FantailVMA as the example at http://www.forex-tsd.com/indicators-...l-vma-mt4.html doesn't seem to have an ADX Period.

Hopefully all will become clear when we see the NT template you mentioned you'll be creating on TradersLab.

Thanks for your kind words Gumphrie... right now Sparrow (believe Rollins here) has really made an excellent job translating the codes into NT...

That formula on tsd its kind of obsolete... we really had developed the indicator much more, thanks to a member of our TL comunity called Pyenner... we keep you updated on this process... and offcourse you are more than welcome on TL ˇˇ cheers Walter.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader