Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

draw a line + sound alert when this line is crossed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

draw a line + sound alert when this line is crossed ?

Hi,

I would like to draw a line and to hear a sound alert when this line is crossed.
    do you know how to do this ( or maybe there is some indicator doing this ) ?

Thanks for your help.
    Regards

rem77, for just an alert on crossing a price level set you could check into the Price Alert indicators published here on the forums in our sharing section - http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...splay.php?f=37

With NT7 you could monitor a hand drawn line and then 'get' it's ending value programmatically and issue then an alert via PlaySound() or Alert() if this value is crossed by price -

BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Bertrand,

thank you for the answer.
      To "monitor a hand drawn line" is just what I would like. Unfortunately my programming knowledge in NT7 is at 0 stage and I can not find any indicator doing this.

Assuming that it is not too complicated, could somebody code such an indicator ?

Thanks in advance
      rem77

PS
      Bertrand,
      would it be possible to add to the next version of NT7:
      an alert feature to hand drawn line properties, where this alert would be activated in case of crossing of this line ?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion rem77, this is already on our list for future consideration.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

was wondering

I was wondering about this also. I would really help but what i need is the ability to set a high and low value via a line or whatever and be alerted audible and maybe even email (email not necessary) but the key to my request is i need to have it set to alert me when the price closes ABOVE my high line or BELOW my low line on a close of the candle or time period whether it be a 3m 15 min or 30 min chart. alert on price hit is good too but more important is alert on price close above or below set range.

Comment

Rick,

You should be able to do this already in NinjaTrader.

Right click on the chart and add the Price Alert. Here you type in the price you want an alert and set calculate on bar close to true instead of false. You will get a sound alert when this line is hit and this way the alert will only trigger when the bar closes.

-Brett

Comment

Thanks for the post rickmaz. I created an indicator here that can help alert on crossing of manually drawn lines. Apply it to a chart and then and it will check if any of your lines are eligible (must set one point in past and one point in future). If price crosses it raises alert to File > New > Alerts window.
              Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks, I am wondering. is there option to set the alert to trigger only when the bar closed. Anotherwards I want it to close above or below a line not just cross it.

Comment

Yes, you could set CalculateOnBarClose = true (each indicator has this setting) and it will only check for crosses on bar close.
                  Ryan M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Line Alert

You can draw a trend line or a horizontal line and when is cross a alarm will set!LineAlert.zip

Click image for larger version

Name:	ES 12-12 (5 Min)  2012-09-20.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.0 KB
ID:	866068

Comment

Does this work for a window that just had an indicator in it? For example, I have a window with just RSI, and would like it to make an alert once the line is crossed. I can only get it to work on a chart with price bars.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_RyanM View Post
                        Thanks for the post rickmaz. I created an indicator here that can help alert on crossing of manually drawn lines. Apply it to a chart and then and it will check if any of your lines are eligible (must set one point in past and one point in future). If price crosses it raises alert to File > New > Alerts window.
                        http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...d=4&linkid=472

Hello,

This would be my 1st indicator, how do you use it?

I imported it successfully (I was prompted during the installation that some of my local files were more up to date, so I didn't overwrite them). After that it said that the installation had been successful.

Then I went to the indicators and picked a Price Alert indicator where I can enter a specific price.

But... how will this work with every line, horizontal line, etc that I draw? I've just draw a few and there's no alert when the price closes above it?

Comment

Is it possible to have this on Channels too? I see it works with ray and line.

Comment

Originally posted by bxstr106 View Post
                            Line Alert

You can draw a trend line or a horizontal line and when is cross a alarm will set![ATTACH]23337[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23338[/ATTACH]
                            Good morning guys
                            I would like to resurrect this tool of Line Alert but unfortunately is not available on ninjatrader 8, theres any way that we can convert this tool from NT7 to NT8? Regards

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                            2 responses
                            0 likes
                            Last Post rtwave
                            by rtwave

Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM
                            5 responses
                            0 likes