StoRSI Modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StoRSI Modified

This is the Robert Miner modification of the standard NT version of the StoRSI Indicator for more info see here: http://www.learntotradefutures.com/d...mID19/258.html

Thanks to KBJ for the help in this one, very well appreciated.

Regards
    Attached Files
    Last edited by PrTester; 11-08-2007, 03:18 AM.

Parameter Question

Thank you for your contribution. Your graphic has 5 parameters, the indicator has 4?? Also, I don't see the triangles appearing on mine, nor do I see parameter for this (unless I need to wait for a realtime cross).

The usual parameters that Miner uses seem to be either 8,5,3,3 or 13,8,5,5. Could you tell me which of your parameters are which? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pivot44 View Post
      Thank you for your contribution. Your graphic has 5 parameters, the indicator has 4?? Also, I don't see the triangles appearing on mine, nor do I see parameter for this (unless I need to wait for a realtime cross).

The usual parameters that Miner uses seem to be either 8,5,3,3 or 13,8,5,5. Could you tell me which of your parameters are which? Thanks.
      Pivot44, The 5th Parameter & the triangles was an experiment, it doesn't went right, thats why it stays with 4 parameters, The Default are 5 for Fast MA, 8 for Slow MA, 13 it's for Look back PEriod (MAX & MIN) needed for calculations, and 21 is the Period for a standard RSI. That's the setting I use. But If you Preferred you can change it.

Hope it help.

Comment

Parameters

It seems that the Miner parameeters are in a different order than yours; do you know which of your's match up with his? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by pivot44 View Post
          It seems that the Miner parameeters are in a different order than yours; do you know which of your's match up with his? Thanks.
          Sorry No, the parameter for the calcs are: Fast MA, (MAX & MIN) between a look back period, a standard RSI, and a Slow MA.

Check if his are : (MAX & MIN) between a look back period, Slow MA, Fast MA and a standard RSI.

Regards

Comment

Is this exactly the same as Miner's DT Oscillator?

Hello, here is an exact verbal description by Robert Miner of his DT Oscillator:
            "It is a stochastic of an RSI. Then it takes a moving average of that product and then a moving average of that moving average so we end up with two lines."
            As an example of one of his standard settings of 13, 8, 5, 5, the inputs are RSI Length: 13, Stoch Length: 8, MA 1 Length: 5, MA 2 length: 5.
            Is this exactly what the indicator that you have listed here is? Many thanks, Mike

Comment

Anyone could me on RSI? When RSI is below 20 then I will start looking for lowest low and when RSI is above 80 i will look for the highest high of RSI. Thanks in advance. Please help me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite  
              Started by bill2023, Yesterday, 08:51 AM
              8 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post bill2023