Total Beginner Importing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Beginner Importing

Sorry, but I recieved a script in pdf format of which looks to be in raw source code.

How do I import the code to my scripts? It looks like the NT>bin>custom>indicator tree is asking for a .cs file, but I have no idea on how to convert. Any assistance or direction to a link for instructions please?

jasterm, to convert this to an indicator, please open up Notepad and copy + paste the code into Notepad and then save it as a .cs file in the My Documents/NinjaTrader 7/bin/custom/indicator folder. From here, you will have to open the file in NinjaTrader (Tools -> Edit NinjaScript -> Indicator) and then compile (F5 key). After it compiles successfully, you will be able to use the script.
    AustinNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Almost there...

Thanks Austin. I've gotten so far as compiling, but when I try to open a chart and open the indicator button to locate it, it still doesn't show. I've verified the file is in the correct folder, but it seems unavailable. One thing I noticed, is that in the indicator folder, all of the titles have an "@" symbol before the name. I tried adding that to the file name, but it was still not appearing... Am I missing a step?
      Last edited by jasterm; 03-26-2011, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Jasterm, are there any errors after compiling? If not, the indicator should appear. What type of indicator is it? If it is a bar type, for example, it does not belong in the /indicators folder. The indicators with @ in front are system indicators (they come built-in) and cannot be edited in the NinjaTrader editor window.

Please also check the logs (right-most tab of Control Center) and see if there are any errors there.

Comment

Hi Austin, no errors in the logs after compiling. Not sure what you mean by "bar type" but perhaps this doesn't quite fit the bill? The script actually maps out custom keltner channel values, swing highs, and MA's w/ different color variations and such. Perhaps I need to upload this into a diffferent folder?

Just FYI, once I changed the file type to .cs and compiled, the icon changed to match the other indicator selections which I assumed meant everything was in order.

Comment

One last thing to check - the indicator will not be named what you've named the file. The indicator name comes from the code inside the file. When you build an indicator from within NinjaTrader, it automatically makes these names match, but when manually manipulate the file system, they can be different. If you open up the ADL indicator, the name is specified in line 24: public class ADL : Indicator, where the underlined portion of that text is what the indicator will be found as throughout the NinjaTrader application.

Please take a look at your code and see if the name is different than what you've been looking for.

You can also upload your code here, and I will import it and make it into an indicator you can easily import.

Comment

Austin, you are a godsend. I can't believe that was the issue. The file was in fact listed under a different name than I filed it under. So sorry for the hassle, and thank you very much!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post DynamicTest  
              Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post ScottWalsh