Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM retracement

Hi All,

Just joined the forum so im not sure if this is posted in the correct section.

I am looking for an ATM that will allow me to place a trailing stop as a percentage of profit. For example If I set the ATM to the value of 50% and 40pips the. Once the trade was in 40 pips in profit the trailing stop would be triggered at 20pips below the price. If the profits rise the stop will move up as the ammount gets larger and keep to 50% of the profit. if the profit moved to 80pips the trailing stop would now be at 40pips below the price. Would this exist an a download or would this have to be developed?.

Thanks

David

Hello,

Thanks for the forum post and welcome to the NinjaTrader support forums.

The NinjaTrader ATM feature and targets can be expressed in percentage mode. Please test this and see if this does what you need first.

Right click on the superDOM and go to properties. Then change parameter type to percentage.

No go in and create a new ATM strategy. You must now however specify everything as percentage. Even the stops and targets.

Let me know if this tests to do what you need.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response.

GBP/USD 1.6200 long
      I have set trailing stop to: Stop: 0.1 (16.2pips) Frequency 0.1(16.2pips) Triggers 0.2 (32.4pips)

Is this the smallest fequency you can enter?

Also, would the trailing stop increase as a percentage of the price (1.6200) and not the profit for the trade?

Comment

Hello,

Yes this will not work for you since this is the lowest amount .1. This feature was really only designed with stocks in mind.

To do what you need to do would take custom programming in this case then.

You can contact one of our NinjaScript consultants to assist you with coding this or you can use our NinjaScript guide and forums to code this indicator yourself if you are a programmer.

NinjaScript Consultants:

NinjaScript Help Guide:

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post usazencort  
        Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
        5 responses
        0 likes