A Floor/Camarilla/VA indicator plotting by intraday/weekly/monthly sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Floor/Camarilla/VA indicator plotting by intraday/weekly/monthly sessions

The NinjaTrader built-in pivot point indicator only plots pivots of current session depending on daily, weekly, or monthly data, which is far less than enough. I developed a customized Floor/Camarilla/VA indicator plotting by intraday/weekly/monthly session as attached.

The attached indicator, SessionPivots, which is customized upon NinjaTrader built-in Pivots indicator, plots popular pivots such as Floor pivots, Camarilla pivots, and Value Area pivots session by session.The session can be intraday, weekly, and monthly. Following are some additional features on top of built-in Pivots indicator.

1.Popular pivots of Camarilla and Value Area are supported.Value Area is calculated following the way introduced in Mind over Markets-Power Trading With Market Generated Information.
    2.Even for Floor pivots, I added 4 more levels. They are R4, S4, TC(top central pivot), and BC(bottom central pivot).
    3.Developing pivots are supported. However, for best performance, they will be only calculated in the last session when IsDPShowing is set to TRUE.
    4.Various set of pivots can be shown depending on PivotType, which can be set to Floor, ValueArea, Camarilla, FloorAndVA, CamarillaAndVA, and All.
    5.Three profile types, VOC/TPO/VWTPO, are supported for Value Are calculation by setting ProfileType.
    6.This indicator is developed for NinjaTrader 7.x.

Attached image is a monthly AMD chart, where you can see Floor and VA pivots are plotted on monthly basis. Showing pivots session by session will be very helpful to analyze relationship and trend of pivots. This could be a big advantage when you make trading decision based on these popular pivots.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by qfweiwei; 11-26-2011, 07:18 PM.

qfweiwei,

Thanks a bunch for helping to make our developer community one of the best in the business!

You may also want to post this to our downloads section.
    Adam P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is the .cs file the indicator, please?

I thought we could only load zip files into NT under the utilities =>import. Am I wrong about that?

Indicator looks great, looking forward to using it.
      Last edited by drmax; 12-09-2011, 03:41 PM.

Comment

drmax,

I am happy to assist you.

This is located in Post number 1 at the bottom of their post in the "Attached Files" box.

Comment

Hi drmax,

If you are running Windows 7, put the attached C# file into following default folder:

C:\Users\YOUR USERNAME\Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator

Then compile in NinjaTrader as usually you do.

Please let me know if you need more help.

Thanks,
          weiwei

Comment

Compiling

Newbie question. I put sessionpivots.cs in the right folder. How do I compile?
            Thanks,
            Kenny

Comment

Follow the first image to open any existing strategy.
              Then, right click any place in the strategy Editor to open menu shown as the second image.
              Compile!

weiwei
              Attached Files
              Last edited by qfweiwei; 12-13-2011, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Edit Scripts

I am using the latest version of Ninja trader and I don't have edit Ninjascript buttons.
                Is this because I'm using the free version?
                Thanks,
                Kenny

Originally posted by qfweiwei View Post
                Follow the first image to open any existing strategy.
                Then, right click any place in the strategy Editor to open menu shown as the second image.
                Compile!

weiwei

Comment

kenny,

If you are using the direct edition it does not allow the use of ATM strategies, NinjaScript development tools, OCO, etc. You can use the simulated version for this, but it won't allow live trading.

If you would like to unlock all features for live trading, please find purchase and leasing options at the link provided below.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Adam,
                    I trade live using the free version (with Mirus) on the screen you sent. Do I need to upgrade to the $50 a month version?
                    Thanks,
                    Kenny

kenny,

If you are using the direct edition it does not allow the use of ATM strategies, NinjaScript development tools, OCO, etc. You can use the simulated version for this, but it won't allow live trading.

If you would like to unlock all features for live trading, please find purchase and leasing options at the link provided below.

Please let me know if I may assist further.[/QUOTE]

Comment

kenny,

You can either lease or purchase outright a license for NinjaTrader. Any of the options would work to enable all features. The only separate versions of NinjaTrader we have are as follows :

1) Simulated edition, which has all features unlocked but doesn't allow live trading.
                      2) Direct edition, which is free from certain brokers, allows live trading on one broker, but no ATM's, OCO, nor NinjaScript development.
                      3) Standard Edition, which allows live trading on one broker and has all features unlocked.
                      4) Multi-broker Edition, which allows live trading on multiple brokers and has all features unlocked.

Both the standard and multibroker editions can be leased or bought.

Please let me know if I may assist further.

Comment

Hi,
                        I'm so sorry, just can't seem to load the pivot indicator below, can abody make it a reg Ninja file to load, not following how to complie.
                        Thanks,
                        Andy

Comment

andy,

Sure, here you go.

This is the indicator SessionPivots in zip format, importable using File > Utilities > Import NinjaScript.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Hi Adam,
                            thank you so much, sorry such a cluts here. Any idea why the actual pivots are not plotting ? The orange lines are, but nothing else.

Thanks,
                            Andy

Comment

First, thank you so much to develop this session pivot. This is just what I am looking for. I am a NT noob and try to use this session pivot. But I found some problems. Hope the developer can take the time to fix it. It will be greatly appreciated

Here is what I found:
                              VAL is plotted different and I believe it is wrong.
                              I use dVauleArea to compare. First, in the Session Pivot setting, I use intraday, TPO. The POC and VAH are the same as the dVauleArea POC & VAH. But the VAL is different. That is why I think the VAL might be plotted wrong.

Again, I am a noob and I might be wrong. I love this indicator and really want to use it if the above problem can be fixed.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post Aviram Y  
                              Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby