Collapse

CCI Special Indicator Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you. I tried doing this, but Williams oscillates around -50, not 0, so the absolute value of a number for the threshold won't work. I tried creating two thresholds, WilliamsRUpper and WilliamsRLower, but ended up getting confused halfway through trying to modify the code. Most places, you can just do the replacement like you are talking about. But there's a couple sections where code needs to be added for the separate thresholds. Some of them I could figure out, some of them not.

When I copied and pasted the CCIBars script into a new indicator script, a whole bunch of stuff came up that I think was condensed or hidden on the original script. In there is where I figured out half the changes, but failed on the other half.

Edit: Would a threshold of 30 work in Williams? Seeing as -50 +30 would be in the overbought zone and -50 minus 30 would put it in the oversold zone?

Thanks.

EDIT 2: I think I get what you're saying now. I think I was making it too difficult.
    I'm still not sure about the threshold value as there will be two thresholds, -20 and -80.

EDIT 3: I guess I could just make two new indicators and put them in the same panel, one with a -20 threshold, and one with a -80 threshold. It'd be great if I knew how to make them one though. Negative thresholds won't work, so i'm at a loss..

GOT IT! Just created a new variable "Thresholdlower" and got it to work! Thank you again. Except right when WilliamsR is crossing its mid-line, the bars indicator now just prints a black bar... not sure why... I have the middle period (between -25 and -75 set to orange).
    Last edited by jmflukeiii; 12-16-2011, 06:07 PM.

Comment

New Indis in Action

CCI bars top indi shows the extremes (exits or reversals)
      WilliamsRbar middle indi confirms direction (still working on best settings)
      CCI bars bottom shows the overall direction

Thanks for the help!

One last question, how do I make ninjatrader not display the indicator values, for example all the WMAs up on the top, or the $EURUSD(second)... after the indicator name in the lower panels?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by jmflukeiii; 12-16-2011, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jmflukeiii View Post
        CCI bars top indi shows the extremes (exits or reversals)
        WilliamsRbar middle indi confirms direction (still working on best settings)
        CCI bars bottom shows the overall direction

Thanks for the help!

One last question, how do I make ninjatrader not display the indicator values, for example all the WMAs up on the top, or the $EURUSD(second)... after the indicator name in the lower panels?
        jmflukeiii...

To "no show" the indicators/values you simply delete the data in the "Label" field under "Visual" when you have your Indicators open.

Hope that helps.

Prov1322

Comment

Hey great, thank you.

Actually I was looking for the thing after... so say I have a CCI open.... and it says CCI($EURUSD(Second),60), I just want to get rid of the ($EURUSD(Second),60) part

I think its probably in the actual script and I get the feeling that they aren't going to tell me how to modify that.
          Last edited by jmflukeiii; 12-17-2011, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post hazylizard  
          Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
          5 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Max238