anaPivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anaPivots

I can't import them, it just keeps saying "...may contain duplicate method names that already exist on your PC or there is a required file missing on either your PC or in the import archive". I've deleted almost every custom or downloaded indicator I have and can't make it work.

Is there anything in specific that would get in the way?

Thank you.

Hello jmflukeiii,

Thank you for your post.

Please follow the instructions below to see where the errors are coming from after compiling the indicator. This will allow you to debug the indicator/strategy or remove it from your PC. If you are wondering why you receive an error when compiling only one indicator, it is because NinjaTrader compiles all indicators and strategies- not just one.
    • Open NinjaTrader
    • From the Control Center select the Tools menu--> select the Edit NinjaScript menu item--> select Indicator
    • Select an indicator and double click on it.
    • A new window will appear and you will need to right click in the window and select Compile to compile the indicators.
    • At the bottom of the window a new section will appear where you can find the error locations.
    • From there you have the option to remove the indicator or debug it.

If you are unsure as to what the error is indicating, please send me a screenshot of the error with the name and description fields clearly readable.

To send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screen shot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CRTL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and send the file as an attachment.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

There isn't any problem compiling anything. I am running an assembly that I think must be the issue. Thank you for trying.

Comment

Hello jmklukeii,

Thank you for your response.

I apologize for the confusion. You can test this .zip archive by manually placing the files in the archive into the proper NinjaTrader directory on your PC and then compiling your NinjaScript files to see if they compile correctly.
        • If there are .CS files that are indicators they belong in the following directory: My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator
        • If it is a strategy then it belongs in the following directory: My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Strategy
        • If there are .DLL files they belong in the following directory: My Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom

If they are .DLL files you must reference them. To do this go to Tools > Edit NinjaScript > Indicator > double click on any Indicator > once the NinjaScript window opens right click in the window > select References... > Add > select the .DLLs one by one > Open > OK. And then compile once more.

Please let me know if you run into any compile errors after manually importing the NinjaScript files.

Comment

Thank you, I just tried this. The indicator zip file contained a .cs file which I put in the appropriate folder and 2 .dll files which I put in the folder you told me too. It stil says there are a bunch of issues, so I'm not sure what to do. It says a couple things are a "method, but used like a type" and the "type or namespace" could not be found".

I'll try with anapivots next

Comment

I just tried with anapivots now and different problems occur. The problems seem to stem from the assembly I have installed.

Comment

Hello jmflukeii,
              I would like to schedule a support call with you today. Please send your contact number to support[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com

In the subject line of the email, please append Attn:Joydeep and give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

I look forward to assisting you further.
              JoydeepNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post Javierw.ok  
              Started by timmbbo, Today, 08:59 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes